Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
Don do you care to shed some light on why you chose to run an 8.0:1 CR versus 7.5 especially with the 3.6 crank? I am also running a cup car 3.6 crank.
Since I have a 4sp tranny, I wanted a car that is good around town and in traffic. I also wanted a car that would haul ass off the line without twin or bi-turbo's. Since I switched away from CIS to twin plug, 8.0:1CR and stroker crank, I promise you I have a car that performs like a NA car around town. I have an electronic solenoid controlling max boost, but every once in a while, I switch programs from .8 bar to 1.0 bar to open it up. At 18 degrees total timing, 11.8 AFR and twin CDI plugs, the motor can handle the pressure.

Speaking of bi-turbo's, I helped my neighbor install a hybrid bi-turbo (a huge turbo feeding a very big one) system on his race Dodge pick-up - it has a 12 valve Cummins diesel that handles 100 psi and mid 10's on 1/4 mile. Wholly crap - 6.8bar at 2500 rpm (6000 red lie) and nearly 800 hp and 1200 ft lbs of torque (or somewhere's there about..)

Last edited by DonE; 03-11-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 03-11-2010, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: