Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Exhaust system Q.

Relatively new to the 930 and am considering an exhaust system upgrade. It seems that there are numerous opinions of the available systems.
Some dont like the B&B system, and some have mentioned ditching the Fabspeed system for a RarlyL8 system. Tubi doesn't seem to have anything for earlier 930
(79).
What am I missing in all this? What makes one system better than another?
I don't race, I just like to shock and awe an occasional passenger.
An exhaust system is pretty decent chunk of change but as long as one is there, it might as well be done right.
Would appreciate any feedback on this.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I am interrested in doing the same thing, could use some schooling on how to get more hp from my 3.3l.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
R.I.P.

well, the raleyl8 muffler system sounds awesome. My old B&B would force you to dive out the window at highway speed but sounded like an old big block motor at idle. Or if you are so inclined go down to your local muffler shop and have them fab up a nice 3" exhaust with some sort of straight thru design muffler (ie magnaflow/dynomax, borla)
Old 03-18-2010, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Changing out the entire exhaust system, headers, turbo, muffler, waste gate and dump pipe, will make a HUGE difference, 100+HP. If you are talking about only headers or only the muffler or only the turbo etc then the results are much less dramatic. Every component of the system contributes to performance but the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
What makes one better than the other depends on your goals and price point. There are a host of questions you can ask which will steer you in the direction of the right product for your application. What do you want to know specifically?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Let's face it. The best move is to get the whole RarlyL8 package and install. It's just a matter of time and money for me.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Just give Brian, Rarly8, a call. He is a straight up, no BS guy and has forgotten more about what works and what doesn't than most of us will ever know. His work is incrediable and he will never do you wrong.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: