Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Drove her out. 14s on idle, high 15s on cruise, 12s on accel, 10 to 11 on boost
got some techron fuel system cleaner and $45 in premium 93 octane.
Now have to read the dwur thread to c how to tune this moody b@&$h!!!,
tach no work but when i hit a bump it transiently went up quick to 3500 rpms then died again
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Im thinking its a wire behing tack gauge but too busy back there to c anything
Old 03-19-2010, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
tach needle got stronger as i drove longer but still not quite there. It moves up and down and responds to acceleration(tries to) but its as if its getting the tach signal intermittently. strange how it was dead, then slowly jumped. then started staying up but flickering..............
Old 03-19-2010, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to djdawson2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post

I have had an intemittent problem with the fuel pumps shutting off randomly in my car since I bought it....

I've jumped both red relays in the front and the yellow relay in the rear and they still wouldn't run and then they'd just come back on when they feel like it....

I thought the speed relay only cut out the ignition around 7200 rpm but it's also tied into the fuel pump circuit. If you remove either of the 2 white wires, or the red wire, or the brown ground wire from this speed relay the fuel pumps shut off.

I accidentally found that if I tapped this relay while the pumps were running my fuel pumps would shut off or come back on intermittently... great.

hope this helps.
Not to highjack this thread... but this is AWESOME news! Your symptoms are exactly the same as what happens in my '89. I'll be driving along... everything is A-OK, and suddenly she quits... no pumps running. I have fooled with the red relays, the yellow relay, and the air sensor plug to no avail. I have been considering rewiring direct with an impact (crash) relay as the only protection, since there is nothing more annoying that a sudden shut-down.

Interesting note is that when it does shut down, hitting a bump often brings it back to life. Also, when it dies out, it also typically restarts after a few attempts, so I have not been left stranded... yet. However, this is an EXTREMELY annoying problem! I know what I'll be checking this weekend.

Thanks JF... appreciated.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

You probably know I wired mine with an inertia switch. It never fails to turn the pumps on and start. I did this and the Lee Rice electrical upgrade after my car kept blowing the fuel pump fuse at random times. Like you said, it's annoying.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: