Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
harold

Garage
K27 turbo bracket

Hi there, I'm in a process to have a custom K27 specific turbo bracket produced.
Are there people interested? if there is enough interest I can set up production for this. It will be plasma cutted 4 mm steel with the 10 mm offset for the K27 body
Its going to be stainless steel 321. Pictures hopefully by the end of the week.

cheers Harold

Old 03-22-2010, 01:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I am interested.
When you can estimate pricing can you post the info?
I would suggest slotting the mounting holes at the engine cradle or making them slightly oversized to allow for some variablility in turbo location with the aftermarket headers out there. I know my turbo is not exactly in the right spot after installing my headers (too high).

---Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I've done this as part of my K27 install kits. Mine has very little adjustment for junk headers as the turbo must locate in the stock position for everything it is attached to to fit perfectly using stock hoses and pipes.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Will a stock bracket intended to mount the stock 3LDZ work with a K27, with modifications maybe?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Will a stock bracket intended to mount the stock 3LDZ work with a K27, with modifications maybe?
Mine did. I cut it right near the bend to the right of the part that bolts to the turbo, bolted everything in place and tacked it back together. Then I disassembled and welded it up good. Some slot the bolt holes but that wouldn't work for me (maybe my headers moved the turbo a bit).
Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher0780 View Post
Mine did. I cut it right near the bend to the right of the part that bolts to the turbo, bolted everything in place and tacked it back together. Then I disassembled and welded it up good. Some slot the bolt holes but that wouldn't work for me (maybe my headers moved the turbo a bit).
Thanks. I was hoping that just slotting the holes would do the trick, but I can see where cutting and re-welding may be necessary.
I've been running without the mount all along, just letting the muffler mount suffice to hold everything in place. But still, there is a small amount of flex that a sturdy turbo mount would correct. Maybe when I get around to swapping out my 7006 for the 7200 I have, I'll look into modifying the mount.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

harold

Garage
pricing

I hope to have a price by the end of this week, the design is close to original an pictures hopefully by the end of this week too.
best regards Harold
Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htegenbo View Post
I hope to have a price by the end of this week, the design is close to original an pictures hopefully by the end of this week too.
best regards Harold
Harold, check out what just popped up on eBay....what looks to be a home-made or seriously hacked up stock bracket. Sure hope you don't pattern your nice stainless bracket after this one.
Porsche 930 911 turbo wastegate mounting bracket : eBay Motors (item 250602658784 end time Mar-30-10 09:31:27 PDT)
Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to djdawson2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Thanks. I was hoping that just slotting the holes would do the trick, but I can see where cutting and re-welding may be necessary.
I've been running without the mount all along, just letting the muffler mount suffice to hold everything in place. But still, there is a small amount of flex that a sturdy turbo mount would correct. Maybe when I get around to swapping out my 7006 for the 7200 I have, I'll look into modifying the mount.
Nope... I had heard the "slot the holes" story as well. When I got around to installing mine, it was clear that it would have to be cut and welded, as alignment was way off. All in all, pretty easy to do if you have basic welding skills. I wouldn't risk letting it hang for long... it'd be a shame to damage heat exchangers and such just because of that bracket.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Made my own bracket out of 3.5mm stainless steel:

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 03-24-2010, 01:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
harold

Garage
Nice! proffighter, did you make a program for it and laser cut it?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I would also be interested.
Looking forward to see the pictures.

proffighter: This looks really nice :-)
Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
No, too much effort for just one piece. I simply drilled the edges and cut out with the grinder, trimmed and finish it was

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
harold

Garage
Finaly some pictures...

Please send me a PM if interested

cheers, Harold
Old 04-06-2010, 12:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Moriarty

Garage
Dear Harold, I live in France and I'm searching for a K27 bracket for my 930, is it still possible to have one of yours ?
I have a friend in Belgium/Brussels in case of...
Thx !

Old 05-30-2012, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: