Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Why doing that to a 930? You're taking away part of the fun of driving our cars... no thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well some of you guys seem confused.. on one hand you say stock with all the quirks are what the car is all about. But then talk all about your spec.'s, things like coil overs, full bay intercoolers, k27's , mono balls, blahh blahh blahh.......and this stuff is all stock??

Hummmm... so what's good for the goose, is not good for the gander I guess. I just have to wonder how many of the negative input folks actually drive their 930's every day, day in, day out, in all kinds of weather? Would their opinion change then?

I personally modify the crap out of every car I own (the 930 is my 41st car I've owned).

Anyway, to answer some of the others with helpfull inputs,
All my suspension has been updated for aggressive street use, including alignment, corner balancing, lowered, poly graphite bushings, strut tower brace, bump steer kit, wevo rear sway mounts, 23/30mm torsion bars, 22mm frt & rears sways, etc. Wheels are Fikse's 17 x 8.5 frt. 18 x 11 rears running 245 /295.

I've tried various brake pads over the 3 years, that I've daily driven the car (40k miles in 3 years to be exact).

L.A. dismantlers has quoted me approx 1k for all the needed main doner parts.

I am a machinist with my own machines, and can make any & all parts, pieces, brackets, etc. needed for all mounting & fitting of the components.

I feel this is viable, doable, cost effective, and not all that difficult.

Ok, I'm done venting...

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 04-15-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Infidel

I wanted to do this with my 930, i asked my mechanic whether he could do it and he said yes but it would be a big job. I will be watching with interest, please post pics and keep us up to date, ABS would be a great addition to a heavily modded car! With the sensors in place it would also be easier to go with traction control in the future... A stock or low power 930 with no aids is fine! Big power with big brakes, hard suspension etc makes it a much more difficult car to drive safely on the roads, less of an issue with a track car, but would be a nice addition on mine
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I think its a great idea! As you say, we mod the bejeez out of the cars, so what's wrong with adding ABS?

Let's us know how it works out. While I can't afford it, maybe one day...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it.

Garage
Mark,

Though I do not intend to drive my car (once its all back together that is) on a daily basis, I did for about 10 years. I think your idea of ABS is very valid. Here in Florida we get heavy down pours at times and experience lots of standing water. ABS would be nice to have in those situations as well as just the added safety. I have modded my car substantially since its daily driver days and would be interested in ABS. As JBL stated, Traction control would also be an easy addition if you already have an ECU that can do once all the sensors are in place but I don't believe you would want to tap into ABS sensors for that purpose. An additional sensor using the same trigger source (magnet or chopper wheel etc.) would work though.

Bill
77 Euro 911 3.0 Wide Body - under construction
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rennsport/collections/72157618856489537/
Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Thanks for the latest support inputs. I'll do my best to delve into this project next winter, as I will probably need to take the car down for a top end rebuild at that time anyway.
Provided this actually gets under way, I will definately supply photos & such.
L.A dismantlers are so interested in the concept, that they have offered to help with this endeavor, so........
Mark
Old 04-15-2010, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: