Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Zeitronic AFR, suggestions on where to put the Oxygen sensor

Hi,

i'm thinking about installing a Zeitronic Zt-2 with a bosch wideband oxygen sensor in my 930 with GHL headers and exhaust.

Due to heat (that will destroy the sensor) Zeitronix reccomendation is to put the oxygen sensor at least 16" down the pipe from the turbo before the cat (no cat in my car).

the pipe between the turbo and the muffler is only around 5".

Any suggestions on where to put the ox sensor? is it ok to put the sensor on the pipe beween the muffler and the exhaust tip (which will give more distanse to the turbo than 16"), or should the ox sensor be places between the turbo and the muffler - in that case will the heat significantly shorten the life of the sensor?

Since there are no cat in my car my wild guessing is that after muffler installation is OK as the muffler only will change the sound, not the amount of oxygen etc. in the exhaust gas....

thanks
Rune
Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

www.voguesale.com
So fantastic place,go there and have a look,believe you will love it.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Do a search, but lots of guys place there's after the muffler. Place it between 10 and 2 o'clock.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Opinions for o2 sensor location!
"92" 964 turbo,Modified and recently rebuilt using all ARP hardware..
Purpose built fuel controller set up to acheive perfect fuel curve on CIS inj.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
how good is the Zeitronic? Does it have data logging. I find that very necessary.
RGruppe #79 '73 Carrera RS spec 2.7 MFI
00 Saab 95 Aero wagon stick
01 Saab 95 Aero wagon auto
03 Boxster
90 Chevy PU Prerunner....1990
Old 05-22-2010, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I think the Zeitronic needs a laptop hooked up to it real time to record data. Is that true? That seems to be what the website tells me. Anyone one with a Zeitronic can enlighten us??
RGruppe #79 '73 Carrera RS spec 2.7 MFI
00 Saab 95 Aero wagon stick
01 Saab 95 Aero wagon auto
03 Boxster
90 Chevy PU Prerunner....1990
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicklague View Post
I think the Zeitronic needs a laptop hooked up to it real time to record data. Is that true? That seems to be what the website tells me. Anyone one with a Zeitronic can enlighten us??
The basic display records peaks only, so you need a laptop to fully data log.

What's nice on a turbo is you can set the display to show IAT, EGT, boost and AFR in the four available spots. Pretty handy.

It comes down to whether you want a built-in buffer that holds data for you, but a smaller display like the Daytona, or you don't mind using a laptop and prefer a display with more information like the Zeitronix.

BTW the Zeitronix software runs on Windows 98 to Windows 7, so any old laptop will work.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehar View Post
the pipe between the turbo and the muffler is only around 5".
That's where I've had mine for the last 5 years, between turbo and muffler, as close to the muffler as possible and at the 12 o'clock position so the sensor wire tucks in the slight groove at the bottom of the rear crossmember.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Using a zeitronic with the wide band placed downstream in the muffler, works great.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: