Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
SAIGON 68

Garage
H&k .308 going to heaven

trying to help out a friend. he had to (court order) become a non-owner of firearms. tried to get h&k 308 sent to non-california broker. had texas ffl etc lined up. no california dealer in my area would touch it. had 3 days (ridiculous) time limit to satisfy the court. this $2000 - $4500 piece will probably be given to sheriff. if i have the chance, i will properly support it, and run it over many times with my car before surrender. i don't like to fire this thing, i am a m-16 guy. but i recognize a masterpiece when i see one. i am really bummed out. the california thing is getting really old. just wanted to vent.
thanks for putting up with me, jp

Last edited by johnnywishbone; 04-16-2010 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-2010, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

That sucks. Can it not be given to a friend to help him get rid of it? Sell it for $1.00, then re-sell it, giving him the funds when done?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
SAIGON 68

Garage
nothing can be done except surrender the piece to california law enforcement. it is what it is. dam shame.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Domestics are a beyotch!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Why did you post it here in the turbo forum? I'd think there would have been interest in the off topic area.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
SAIGON 68

Garage
Why did you post it here in the turbo forum?

i thought i posted to the "off topic". my mistake.
i usually use "new posts" button and read most of them.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well you did not hear this from me but.......your friend needs to report a break-in at his home, and include various missing items such as a H&K .308 and.....
Mark
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Well you did not hear this from me but.......your friend needs to report a break-in at his home, and include various missing items such as a H&K .308 and.....
Mark
Yeah, then when he or anyone else gets popped with it you've got additional issues muddle through. You have the right to bare arms... ( in most states) when one forfeits that right as determined by a court of law... it is what it is baby. Hey I'm just saying..

But don't get me wrong, that is a fine item.. and it is a shame it has to go that way!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 04-19-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Onboost,

Your completely right! I should have added...So he/she can sell the firearm to an individual that has the right to own firearms. I guess that could put the firearm in a sticky situation, but most long arms do not have the serial numbers & such registered any place other than the establishment that it was purchased at, so.......

I just hate to see a fine firearm get crushed, and the original owner out some serious cash!

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 04-19-2010 at 03:13 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Your friend needs only to turn in the receiver and can keep the rest of the parts. Barrel, stock trigger pack etc etc. If I am correct in understanding your friend has an assault weapon defined by name. If it is an assualt weapon defined by characteristics only, you need only get rid of the pistol grip and flash hider to make it legal. Direct your friend over to this site and it will help him immensely!

calguns.net
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: