Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Stock replacement only taller. Focus is bolt-on with zero issues and lots of options for accessories.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Brian,

Any idea when this will be available?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Stay away

Do not get a BLOWN6. I brought one and just sent it back. First it took 3 weeks to get. When I got it, it was Red. Not brushed Alum. Also it was damaged and used. I am in a battle with them now to get my money back.

What I did get is the Fabspeed unit. They just started making it and it came as a full package to make it a long neck. Everything you need is in the package. No fussing with trying to make it fit and also all the hardware.

I will take pictures of it and you will see the difference.

I am waiting to get my money back before I post the pics of the BLOWN6 Unit.

You will see the quality difference in the welding. Anyway. I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet. Still in the shop taking care of an oil leak. But when Its all put together I will post pics of the intercooler.

Robert
Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by occb2 View Post
Do not get a BLOWN6. I brought one and just sent it back. First it took 3 weeks to get. When I got it, it was Red. Not brushed Alum. Also it was damaged and used. I am in a battle with them now to get my money back.

What I did get is the Fabspeed unit. They just started making it and it came as a full package to make it a long neck. Everything you need is in the package. No fussing with trying to make it fit and also all the hardware.

I will take pictures of it and you will see the difference.

I am waiting to get my money back before I post the pics of the BLOWN6 Unit.

You will see the quality difference in the welding. Anyway. I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet. Still in the shop taking care of an oil leak. But when Its all put together I will post pics of the intercooler.

Robert
I also heard the Fabspeed unit is very good.
Do you still have the stock 3 liter intake and throttle body on your car?
Old 07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

No

No. When I rebuilt the engine, I went to a 3.3 intake with the stock intercooler. I kept the 3.0 warm up reg. The rest, Slide valve unit and intake manifold and intercooler, came from a 3.3 that went to EFI.

Robert
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quick update; my intercoolers are in production now. I must finish the gasket fitment testing before releasing them.
These are stock replacement short-neck intercoolers, not long neck. They have provisions for conversion to long-neck if desired. If there is enough interest I will develop a long-neck kit.
Thanks -
Old 07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Intercooler options

Looks like we will be installing a Fabspeed I/C on a customer's 930, will provide photos and feedback after testing, Have had great results with their other products so I can't wait to try it.

Lou , AERO DYNAMICS
Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

So far, all positive feedback with our prodution IC. A popular option is in black anodize.

Intercooler : TurboKraft : Catalog Home

email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Good looking unit Chris, All the desirable elements seem to be in line, Glad to see you supporting the 930's with your great products.

Lou/ AERO DYNAMICS
Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
SAIGON 68

Garage
i bought a blown6 full bay. very nice.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodyn930 View Post
Good looking unit Chris, All the desirable elements seem to be in line, Glad to see you supporting the 930's with your great products.

Lou/ AERO DYNAMICS
Thanks, Lou!
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Do any of the fabricators have data on the impact of the gasket? Is all engine cooling air first heated by the intercooler or ac condensor? Seems like air would go the easier route without a good seal to the grill.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

You are correct in that statement, Air will seek the path of least resistance on its way to the engine cooling fan, A gasket/seal will promote flow through the I/C core giving you a better chance at cooling efficiency,
That being said , A pecentage of the rest of the grill area must be restricted with a fine mesh screen or equivalent for the same reason.
Finally don't ignore any other defective seals in the engine bay to avoid ingesting hot air at the expense of flow thru your heat exchangers, especially the seal at the rear of the engine(over the turbo and exhaust system) , 90 percent of the 930's we see at our shop show that defect.

Lou/ AERO DYNAMICS
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Brian, looks good side to side flow which provides more cooling and larger spacing between the fins which provides better air flow. My question is however will it fit with my rear window wiper? having blown and pinched numerous o rings I like the turbo craft and fab speed solution with hoses. if your intercooler had hose connections instead. you would have the best of both systems, Just my opinion.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 07-15-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Old 07-15-2010, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Ken,
I've got a bone stock '86 coming for a test fit of the gasket so we will see about the wiper. This unit was designed to be a bolt-on stock replacement which is why I retained the O-rings. Personally I think the O-ring fit looks more OEM while the hose looks jury rigged, like something doesn't fit so put this on to take up the slop. Of course O-rings only seal, they do not hold anything in place. If an aftermarket intercooler is to use O-rings then a proper hold down device is also needed. The hose and clamps do both so are a nice simple solution and eleminate machining the grooves.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

they provide good quality hoses with the kits though doesnt look jury rigged or half a$$ed when installed. Just my opinion though.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 07-16-2010, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
R.I.P.

we made solid mounts for my intercooler so the silicone hoses didn't have any other job but to seal. I also like the factory o-ring seal "look" but it wasn't in the budget as it would have taken quite a bit of machine work.

Next summer when we pull the engine for a rebuild i'm going to revisit that.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
It's all aesthetic preference, both types work. I have seen some really trick hose and clamp setups, one example is Mark Hargett's products. Gives a high-end racy look.
My bias stems partly from a hose that I use with the aftermarket intercoolers I tested when developing mine. None of them lined up good enough to use the stock up-pipe.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Walter Rohrl wannabe

Good looking IC's and finally a good selection of quality parts. Me likey
Old 07-20-2010, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@fabspeed
Fabspeed Motorsport New Porsche 911 Turbo 930 Long Neck Intercooler

Fabspeed Motorsport just released its New Long Neck Intercooler for the 911 Turbo 930 vehicles. Our New Fabspeed Intercooler offers a high density of fins enclosed by aluminum sheet metal inside for quicker and efficient heat dissipation, while utilizing a larger cooling mass to produce lower intake temperature. This provides maximum cooling with minimal pressure drop and is the perfect compromise between heat rejection and efficient air flow through the Intercooler. Check out the Video below.

Fabspeed new Intercooler replaces the factory one to increase Flow rate and reduce the intake temperature for much improved efficiency. Our Intercooler includes all Rubber Connectors for an improved fit and leak proof seal. We worked with Dwain at Vision Motorsports in engineering and designing this Intercooler to be the Kokeln Successor.
  • Fits all Porsche 911 Turbo 930 vehicles 1976-1989
  • C2 Turbo Style, Air tight Connections and NO Miserable leaking O-Rings. (O-Rings are a 1950's technology which are no longer used on these applications)
  • Includes Bypass valve, all rubber connectors with Mounting hardware for a direct replacement for the stock Intercooler while retaining the stock Air Conditioning components.
  • Includes Water/Methanol Injection Port to reduce air inlet temperatures which allows you to increase Boost pressure to create more power. (Kit offered by AEM, Snow Performance and others)
  • Includes 2 Aluminum Shrouds for IC Core and Trunk Lid to direct air to Intercooler for improved cooling.
  • Dramatically improved Flow Rate of 900CFM and Temperature reduction due to a 250% larger Intercooler and 73” Charged side face. Largest Intercooler upgrade on the market for the 911 Turbo/930.
  • Simple, do-it-yourself replacement with all hardware and hoses included.
  • Intercooler Volume- 650 Cubic Inch Mass
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!! Price is $2295. $100 discount and Free Shipping in the US for all members until August 6th, 2010.
Let me know if you have any questions at all. You can PM me or Email me at Alex@Fabspeed.com

Please feel free to check out our website, FABSPEED.COM for more products for your Porsche 911 Turbo/ C2 Turbo.

Fabspeed 911T/930 Intercooler Video: http://www.fabspeed.com/videos/930%20T%20Intercooler.wmv

[/SIZE]
215-646-4945
www.Fabspeed.com
Old 07-22-2010, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: