Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
small hose from engine room to front on 930

I'm preparing my engine bay since the engine is soon coming back in.

Found a small hose in the right side of engine bay, that looks like a vacuum hose.
Followed this hose over to the left side and went under and went in the torpedo wall heading forward.

Anyone know what this hose is for?
It is not the bigger hose connected to the inlet manifold.

This picture is taken with iphone under the car so not best quality
This is where the hose is connected and goes forward.

1986 944 Turbo
Old 04-25-2010, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge in the dash where the clock usually goes? I have a dedicated hose for my VDO boost gauge that runs from the engine compartment, through the tunnel, to the gauge. It might have been used for a manual boost controller at some time as well.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I'm on my iPhone, so the pix is small, but could it be one if thd following: gas lines, brake booster line, manual boost controller?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI930 View Post
Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge in the dash where the clock usually goes? I have a dedicated hose for my VDO boost gauge that runs from the engine compartment, through the tunnel, to the gauge. It might have been used for a manual boost controller at some time as well.
I do not have any aftermarked boost controller.

It is connected to a metal hose in the torpedo wall, so it seems like original porsche connection.

The brake booster line is much bigger and is connected to the inlet manifold.
Will see if I can get a better picture later today.
1986 944 Turbo
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

That looks like the parking brake cable. But it is hard to tell in your pic.

I think right under it is your brake booster hose. It is connected to a metal tube right under the parking brake.

It's hard to tell from the picture.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

small line off the canister for gas recirculation back to the tank or front left wheelwell above the washer resevoir.
Bruce
Old 04-26-2010, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys,
Will blow some air into the hose and see where is goes.

Here is a better picture of the "unknown" hose

1986 944 Turbo
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Could that be a vent from the fuel tank?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: