Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch 930 1978 porsche

Does somebody have experience with this clutch? it looks very nice for me
but what about the performance?
i need to replace mine ...
http://www.**********.com/product.asp?pf_id=P910338&dept_id=5078
Old 05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
Does somebody have experience with this clutch? it looks very nice for me
but what about the performance?
i need to replace mine ...
http://www.**********.com/product.asp?pf_id=P910338&dept_id=5078
Old 05-04-2010, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

How much HP are you making? A stock spring centered disc and PP is good to about 400 HP I want to say. Beyond that, invest in a KEP clutch pkg.

I've heard the Centerforce clutches were not very good.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I tried one. I'd pass.

You'll be happy with Kennedy.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I love my Sachs light-weight...

'87 930, 3.3 liter, K27 hybrid, Kokeln IC, Andial, B&B, Borla, 17" Supercups.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

what looks nice about it, orange paint..

Everyone thats been there likes KEP.
Kennedy Engineered Products
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Porsche Crest 77 SACHS, is the way to go.

First off, the clutch kit pictured is the for 225mm for a 915 trans. If this is for your 930 turbo gearbox, the bell housing is deep. Porsche had the taller, heavy weight clutch covers and rubber hub disks stock. Unfortunately, Centerforce does not have the deeper covers in a lighter weight aluminum...only steel.

I personally have allot of experience with Centerforce. I know insider things about how they are made and exactly how they compare to most others. I don't work there but have friends in high places. With my experience, I would rate almost all of the Porsche, Centerforce clutches high. In most street performance applications, they work excellent and are worth it.

They are not just orange paint. The are actually a combination of parts including the SACHS cover. Centerforce's technology simply updates a few shortcomings of the base original parts. Without getting to deep into this, on most they machine the inside of the covers to alter the fulcrum positions, replace the limiting straps, among other things. They "wear in" and sprung hub disks are relined with a segmented puck on face and full sport lining on back, hence the dual friction term. The covers are matched hight to the discs. They last longer and hold higher clamploads.

The Centerforce is the street option but the real deal for the 78-89 930 is to use the original SACHS aluminum 1977 "lower profile" pressure plate cover, sport disk and MODE's adapter kit parts. This kit will reduce rotating mass. I have these adapter parts if needed.

In my opinion, the KEP stage I is a good option for heavy TQ but the pedal effort is stiffer. 77 SACHS, is the way to go. Cheers
Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: