Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
98# control pressure?

hey guys tried to start the beast yesterday and it spun but no start. checked spark, fuel, and nothing. fairman came over and we hooked up fuel guages. 98# control pressure and 98# system pressure wtf!!!!! i am assuming its time to finally send the wur to brian leaske. am i missing anything here? thanks frank
Old 05-06-2010, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Check the regulator located in the fuel head. Maybe the spring loaded plunger is stuck for some reason. You can remove it from the side of the fuel head and check.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I removed the system pressure regulator and the small plunger from the fuel head. Everything including the o-rings looked fine there.

I also removed the 12mm return line banjo fitting from the top of the WUR because system pressure and control pressure are both 98psi and control pressure shouldn't be anywhere near that high.

While the pumps were running and control pressure was 98psi not a drop of fuel came out of the WUR return line so it seems the metal fuel metering diaphram is stuck upwards against the 2 internal orifices in the closed off position or something.

When it goes to Brian Leask, have him put in the stronger boost pressure diaphram that will tolerate 1bar and higher boost pressures.
I think thats about $30 extra and well worth it.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

As far as diagnosticians go, having Jim (aka Dr. House) available for house calls is pretty convenient.
Definitely WUR related IMO.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Mark it is nice. I've known him for 20+ years and whether it's a BMW or a pcar we help each other. Just when I was gettin good with BMW I went and got a real German car!!!! I am also switching out my perma tune for msd. Did you go with the 6al btm? If so are you happy?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

[QUOTE=xbmwguy;5336927]Mark it is nice. I've known him for 20+ years and whether it's a BMW or a pcar we help each other. Just when I was gettin good with BMW I went and got a real German car!!!! I am also switching out my perma tune for msd. Did you go with the 6al btm? If so are you happy?[/QUOTE]

Since I already had the 6AL, I just added the 8762 boost retard module to it. Works like a charm. Jim and I are running similar timing advance and boost retard parameters, if I recall.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: