Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

catch basin/ scavenge pump question

Ok, I'm working on getting oil out of my old Rayjay turbo as fast as possible. I have just dramatically upgraded the size of my drain line out of the turbo, but due to how low it is mounted I'm very skeptical of my gravity drain into the chain cover.

If I were to add a scavenge pump after a small basin after the turbo, should I put a vent in the basin to prevent the pump from pulling oil out of the turbo when I am really just using it to force the oil to its destination.

Also while we are talking about it, any advice on what to use for a pump or basin. Any advice would be great.... It's time to get back on the road without blowing clouds of smoke!

Thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Post a pic I have a factory drip can and an electric scavenge pump that I can let go if intrested if it will fit your turbo.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

here is what the setup looks like on the car, not detailing the drain because it will change.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Thats the old BAE setup isn't it? good starting point what boost are you going to run? I am running .5 bar and seems to be holding up fine on my 2.7
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 05-08-2010, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
Thats the old BAE setup isn't it?
Yes it did start with an old BAE set-up. Realy only used the upper piping and the turbo, the rest was custom done.

You definitly took the project pretty far, thats a great looking set up on your car.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Thanks it has a 3.2 intake, EFI, EDIS ignition, MSDS intercooler, Euro exhaust, Tial wastegate all a test bed for a 3.2 SS build later down the road.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: