Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
not boosting

I have a stock 1977 930, recently purchased. I noticed it is not boosting at all, factory Gage does not move also. My plan was to tear it apart anyway. That was allot of fun, I don't think it has ever been apart all the bolts were a bear to get off. The turbo was not froze, spins freely, minimal play. so it should be working. So what should i look for regarding the lack of boost.

I don't hear any turbo noise either.

Thanks Danny
Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

So in 2nd gear you pull out to overtake something and you don't hear the wastegate make "WARRRP" noises?

What kind of performance are you getting? 0-62mph in 6 seconds? Or more than that? Is the car reeeeally slow?

I'm sure others on this forum can give you more accurate and detailed instructions, but it's either going to be:
  1. The gauge's circuit isn't working (i.e. gauge, wiring, or most likely the sender has failed)
  2. Leak / Crack in exhaust leading to the hot side of the turbocharger (so the turbocharger doesn't get spun up)
  3. Leak / Torn O-ring in the Cold Side of the turbocharger (so the gasses escape and you don't get Forced Induction)
Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the advise. The car is a new purchase. Car ran fine, just had no power for what a turbo should do and it made no noise from spoiling or The waiste gate being open. I have the whole exhaust system and turbo off the car. Plan on replacing or rebuiding the stock turbo. It had some play and possible oil leak.

Last edited by dhg1337; 05-22-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Also may need to check your waste gate, it might be stuck open.
Or the BOV valve is stuck open.
And check all the seals at the throttle body and turbo up pipe.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Waiste gate closed tight. BOV looks closed. I have not taken that apart. I can see it from one of the intake pipes. I plan on changing the seals for good measure.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: