Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel line ID

When I took off the intake to diagnose a no start issue, one of the fuel lines on the from of the fuel distributor looks like it has a wear mak on it, and there is a small leak.

I tried to take the fuel hose off from the fitting, and there is a small what looks like plastic inner tube.

Can I replace this with a bulk replacement fuel line and clamps?
Is there a specific replacement fuel line for this?
Is it a high pressure line?

I looked at PP for a replacement, and was not able to find one.

Thanks

Attached is a picture of the fuel line. You can see the wear mark and where the leak is. Glad I found it before a major issue occurred.

1977 Turbo Carrera - Work in progress
1971 911E Targa - Almost gone
Old 05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Thats the line to the cold start injector and yes it gets full system pressure probably around 95psi.

It usually goes straight down to the cold start valve or injector thats in the intake manifold below the throttle body

I would suggest you take it to a hydraulic hose supply place and have them make up a new line with the origonal fittings or look for a new porsche one.

That fuel head looks like a cast iron euro or rest of world head origonally made for a V8 because of the 2 plugs around 7 o clock.
The cast iron non lambda fuel heads are usually painted black but that ones painted silver.

I wonder if it's origonal to a 76 -77 930
Old 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you very much for you response. I followed up with the shop that rebuilt the engine, and the fuel distributor for the '77 was an 8 port head with 2 ports blocked. He scanned a page from the shop manual, and sent it to me.

Any experiences with replacing that line? The end that we can see in the picture is easy to remove. The other end is below the fuel head, with no easy access. Do I need to drop the engine to remove the line? Is there another way to do this? i spent about 20 minutes today trying to loosen the fitting on the cold start injector.

I had a suggestion to support the engine with a jack and loosen the rear most engine mounting bolts and drop the engine about 2-3" to get a little more access.

Any assistance would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Karsten

1977 Turbo Carrera - Work in progress
1971 911E Targa - Almost gone
Old 05-26-2010, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

If you go to the Porsche PET for 1976-1977 Turbos, page 35, I think the hose is item number 17:

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/originalparts/en/E_911T_KATALOG.pdf

And here it is when the part number is put into the PP search engine:

Pelican Parts - Product Information: OEM-93011030302
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: