Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

84 carrera body with 80 turbo?

Hi Porsche newbie here so I need some help on judging whether this car is a good buy or not...

I comes across this 84 carrera (narrow body with 166k miles). The 3.2 has been swapped with a 3.3 turbo from '80 with 56k miles. The swap includes engine, cis, intercooler, turbo tail afaik. Everything else is stock 3.2 carrera according to the seller. It is mated with a new 915 tranny (i'm not sure if it has trans oil cooler or not). Axles, brakes, suspension, tires are all from 3.2 stock so they are not beefed up turbo version. The body is straight and no rust.

Given the above info and assuming the car is mechanically sound, What would you say about this porsche? I'm most worried about the reliability of this configuration. Would the tranny or axle held up with the turbo? I think '84 is the first year with EFI. How does the "downgrading" from EFI to CIS affects the car? How much improvement overall would i see compare to a completely stock 3.2? How would this configuration affect its resale in the future?

Last edited by hchc; 06-10-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

go get your own car! I already looked at it.

What would you value this car?
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: