Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Boost control for under a $

It may not pretty but works, all that for under a buck.. I have had two different electronic controllers on this car and niether worked that well. So dug into me old hot rod mentality for this seemingly rude basic fix. Don't laugh it works better than the other fairly expensive ones and installs in a few minutes. Just bend to reduce the air volume. If you bend to far just cut out the bend ( if you start the bending process toward one end) and start bending again. Would also would recommend an accurate boost gauge and of course know your motors boost limit. I did have 110 octane in the tank, just in case I bent to far.

Last edited by voitureltd; 06-12-2010 at 09:07 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
R.I.P.

thats backyard mechanic'in there. But since it works on the same basis as just about any other boost controller i don't see why it wouldn't work.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
If you pinch it too far it will crack and you have a BIG problem.

For $1 you can buy a simple metal fish tank air pump regulator. Plug that into the same line and use the thumb screw to dial it down. They are designed for a vibration environment so work well in this application.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That sounds like a good idea also. I was just testing out if the problem was the waste gate ( or what else ) with some idle time . This piece of soft metal tubing was just in my spare stuff area. When it became apparent that everything else was fine and this worked I thought what the hey!!! Now it is in the catagory of not fixing something that is working. Next time I get near a fish supply store I will take a look for one of those regulators.

Last edited by voitureltd; 06-12-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: