Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
fuel pump relay help

Ok so I ripped out my old fuse panel and put a new one in this week.. FINALLY got everything working with the exception of the fuel pumps..

I seem to have two issues.. first I can't seem to find where the blue wire that goes to both relay should connect ( or more correctly which red/white or is it red/black wire it connects to). The wire diagram show the red/black wire that goes to the tach ?? . It was wired to a red/white one when I tore it apart.

The second issue is while trying to trouble shoot this problem I can put the blue wire to a + source and the front pump runs.. the back doesn't (ok that makes sense so I push down on the flapper and still nothing HOWEVER I get power at the WUR as I can hear the DWUR running). This baffles me as I've changed nothing back of the fuse panel. In addition I put power to the pos terminal of the pump and it runs..

Any suggestions ?

Also when you push down on the flapper should both pumps run or just the back one?? Just curious.

This is the 1980 turbo..

Thanks
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 06-20-2010, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hello Todd,
The blue wire attaches to fuse 11 in my 1978 930 wiring diagrams. I would think that the 1980 would be the same.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

OSI, I have the wiring diagram. that doesn't help much, there are a number of red/black wires that "could" be the one it hooks up to.
I also don't think this is the issue with the back pump
Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Ok update guys,, there were two issues
1) the back pump wasn't running as it was unplugged (must have screwed it up with I was re-wiring for the new MAP sensor and the programmable MSD ignition.

2) turns out the back black relay was not hooked up (pin 86 black wire) this is pretty critical.

Anyway I now think I have EVERYTHING working after completely re-wiring the new fuse panel upgrade!!!! PIA!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

It's the small stuff that's a killer.

I hope I got this right, but it doesn't show the blue wire. It was from when I added the inertia switch.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks Rocket , I have all the diagrams,, and have it fixed, but it was a bit more complicated than that,, it's all good now!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: