Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clutch pedal problem

When I engage the clutch there are no problem. But when I disengage the pedal it gets a little bit cought like something makes the back movment the first cm sticky.

But when it has pass a certain point there are no problem. The problem started after I shifted the clutch to a more durable Sach clutch. It was custom made for my car from a 962 unit.

We have adjusted the play at the lever by 1.0 mm so it should be ok.

Any one who has an ide og what I can do to solve my problem. The car is a little bit unsensitive when I will take off if you understand.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Did you lube the throw out bearing retainer? It might be getting hung up on it.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I had the problem 2 years ago

and my mechanic replaced the clutch cable and the problem seemed to be solved. But after 2000km the problems was back. I asume that he lubed the trow out bearing.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Might ask him. Another thought is the retainer is scored and the TOB gangs up on it.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Also, if your pedal throw is out of adjustment and you depress the pedal too far, the spring under the floor board will actually pull the pedal to the floor rather than pulling it back toward your foot. It is on a pivot/fulcrum, and depressing the pedal too far moves the picot past "vertical" so it becomes negative force. You may be right on the edge of this condition.

Other possibilities have been mentioned - lube needed on guide tube for throw out bearing, or cable friction. Though I would think cable friction would be throughout the motion not just at the end of the throw.

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
stock 3.3L w/k27S, RarlyL8 muffler, b&b intercooler, Tial wastegate, Electromotive tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter
Old 06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Don't forget the omega spring at the transmission linkage. It too is like a pivot/fulcrum and if your cable adjustment is too tight it may pull the omega close to it's point of no return. Lube it as well. When I put in my KEP clutch, I ended up having to adjust the clutch to near that point of return. I would like just a scant more clutch release, but any tighter and the pedal will not return because the omega prevents it. I ended up puting a helper spring in conjunction with the omega to make sure the clutch at rest is fully returned and no pressure is riding on the TOB or the pressure plate.

Last edited by mark houghton; 06-29-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: