Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Abuser

Thank you , that's exactly what I was looking for.Share some of the others that you took during the day.I noticed that nice camera that you had so I know you have some better pics of the other cars!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Looks like it was a nice time. We had some other things come up and didn't make it. Maybe next year... Thanks for the pics!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Here are a few. I didn't take a lot this year because I have many from the last three years :-)

Getting artistic ;-)

Jose winning a brick!!!

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey

Last edited by equality72521; 08-01-2010 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

And a little touch up on one of yours Ben.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

A couple more.

--clutch-monkey
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Had a great time!

I will be there next year. I loved the beginnings of a swap meet. Nice addition.

A few more pictures to add.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Boost Abuser

Thanks for taking the time to post up.I know it takes a while when your loading a bunch.Here are a few more...

Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I've driven that Black Slope Nose Cab (w/ 962 goodies)
It's wicked fast !!!!!

It's been for sale. I actually posted a thread here on Pelican about it, but my buddy said that after all the feedback he got from everyone there in Oxford, he was pretty sure he changed his mind and wants to keep it !

I've driven the other black one too (mostly flat black). It's a damn evil car also! Sure it could probably use a spray over, but mechanically, it's a monster... Wish someone got a back end shot of it. Bill's got some MASSIVE rubber under there...

I didn't take a camera...
Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
I had a great time at P2O. Friday I drove straight to Taj Ma Garaj in Dayton. I've never been there and wanted to check it out. It was cool to see all kinds of Porsche vehicles from a tractor to Carrera GT. After a few hours I drove over to Oxford to check out the Friday afternoon scene. By the stroke of luck I recognized the LOWFAT 930 and waved Ben down as he leaving for the hotel Friday evening! I left shortly afterwards to head to the hotel in Richmond, IN. It was a good 45 min drive due to a detour from hwy 27. The next morning I arrived Oxford around 8:30am...that place was already packed! I had to park at the far west end of High street. Then proceeded to take pics throughout the morning and finally came across Ben and his girlfriend after lunch. Got to hang around with them for a few hours. It was great to hang with another 930 turbohead.

Ben, it was a pleasure meeting you and your girlfriend. I had a great time hanging around with you two.

Here are a few pics taken with my lousy camera.

P2O Scene

LOWFAT 930

My 930

Misc 930

Last edited by MikeD930; 08-02-2010 at 07:02 PM..
Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
The Park

Misc Porsche cars

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
I'm not sure what this is but I thought it's neat.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Beck Spyder?
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Those two 944 turbo's were very nice.I still can't believe that a couple of replicas took home trophies at a Porsche show.They were nice but they don't have a Porsche vin#. They should have had their own class in my opinion.A good time was had by all.Next year we will probably do all three day's.The road rally on Sunday looked pretty fun and the drive to the park but the chance for bad weather on the way home was enough to get us in a hurry for the border with no wipers.Glad to see you made it back safely Mike as I know you had a long drive ahead of you.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
Beck Spyder?
Correct...

And this photo above shows the Beck 904 w/ Chuck Beck in the background.

Very nice event, vast array of cars.. Thx for sharing!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
varyat

WCC- What size wheels and tires do you have on in prevoius pic? Looks perfect!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing. We have uploaded a couple hundred photos for the P2O web site ourselves.

Thanks to everyone for attending. It seemed like it rained 10 miles in every direction of Oxford, except directly on top of Oxford, so we lucked out on the afternoon.

Official count was 480 registered cars and just a hair under 450 on site. The weather forecast kept some day-trippers home. Nevertheless, we parked a record number of cars, besting the last year's mark of 409 (with around the same registered). This is the sixth time in six years organizers have set a new attendance record, which as far as we know is the only event pretty much anywhere in the country that can boast such a claim -- especially in this downturn economy. Most events have been suffering at the gate. We had attendees from as far away as Texas, Georgia, New York, Kansas, Florida, Maryland, and New Mexico (via Chicago).

Next year we are considering two options: move our event a week ahead of the Parade, or call it 'game-on' and go directly against it. The last weekend of July has always been our weekend, so we are reluctant to move the event. We also think the momentum and good will earned over the last six years, along with the affordability of P2O gives us a leg up. Its $25.00 compared to $175.00 just to get a nametag at the Parade. Its also going to be miserably hot and humid in GA in late July. While no one at PCA has directly indicated our attendance may affect the Parade and vice versa, they really don't know what to think of P2O. It's a grassroots event that has become a Sturgis for the Porsche community despite zero backbone from the national office.

We also recognize a couple hiccups this year. We're not perfect. They will be addressed.

Thanks for helping us raise $10,000 for the ACS. Cancer survivors are the real winners, along with those that have passed on from the disease so that their fight is not forgotten.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varyat View Post
WCC- What size wheels and tires do you have on in prevoius pic? Looks perfect!
Thanks! They are Lindsey's 17in X 9front & 11rear. I run 245 on the front and 315 on the rear. Click this for more pics that day..

Finally! Got her polished up for the summer.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: