Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Abuser

Anyone going to Porsches to Oxford?

I was just wondering if anyone in here is planning to attend the annual Porsches to Oxford at the end of July. It seems to be a good event with lot's of p cars.I didn't attend last year due to weather (no wipers) but if nature holds out a group from my area will be bombing on up there this year.Would be nice to put a few faces with the names and talk turbo's with a few like minded people.No one in my area understands the modded mentality.My car is low,loud and scares old lady's just the way I like it!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yup, where are you driving from? There will be a few of us driving down together.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Not sure if I'll make it this year. I've gone the last 4 years but I have my WUR being rebuilt and my interior is gutted as I await my Appbiz RS carpet. Once I get it I have to install it along with the RSA doors panels I bought. Lot's of work in a short time.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 06-30-2010, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

I might come as a "spectator" though.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, I will be going. Diving from Indianapolis.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

We will be coming over from Louisville. Equality you can do it just set a little time aside each day and you will have it knocked out in no time.Interior is easy stuff.Anyone who is going please post a pic of your car so we know who to look for,it's easy to get lost in the sea of P car's that will be there.Here's one of mine it will be easy to pick out with the black headlight rings.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Here is mine from last year; nothing special about it:

It may be sporting a partial interior if I come over.

--clutch-monkey
Old 07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Oxford? like in Mississippi?
Bruce
Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Oxford, OH

--clutch-monkey
Old 07-01-2010, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

I thought I recognized your car LOWFAT. Here is a pic I took at P2O 2008:

--clutch-monkey
Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Yep that's her only with a few more goodies since then.Man you must have snapped that as soon as I got there before I had a chance to open everything up!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
The black trim on the headlights looks like she's wearing black eyeliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWFAT View Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

You'll never find me, I have a black 930 that'll blend in. LOL!

Since I just posted this in another thread & it's on my desktop here's a pic....
Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Those are good lookin car's .Trust me I will find all the turbo's that are there.Kind of like an animal I can sniff out forced induction from a mile away.I hope to catch you guy's by your car's at some point during the day.I'm ordering tire's for my car on Monday and putting the final touches on the rest or the week.Just got a straight pipe from Brian ( Rarly l8 )to replace the muffler I bought from him so you should hear me coming from the edge of town.I'm hoping to get there by 9 am or so.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I may be going to Oxford with my 930. If I go I'll be there on Friday evening. Is anyone going to be at the "Rally in the Park"?

Here's a year old pic of myself and the 930. We still look the same for the most part!

Last edited by MikeD930; 07-08-2010 at 03:58 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

See you there!! I'm still not sure about the rally yet,but will let you know.We probably won't arrive until the morning.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

It was a great turnout again this year even though there was impending storms all day.We were lucky enough that everything seemed to go right around us with only a few sprinkle's but not enough to even be seen on the ground.We were fortunate enough to meet a few fellow Pelicans while we were there.Mike D was there with his beast and is a true turbo nut.We were able to walk around with him for a good part of the day and he is one of the nicest people you will meet with a true passion for our cars.Mark-Equality7521 was there but disappointingly his car wasn't ready quite yet.He is another true turbo head that isn't scared to mod his ride as he told us all about it.There was a gentleman named Mario that I cant remember his screen name (sorry)that was there with his red machine with some interesting fuch's and a high HP powerplant. There were a few other cars there that I have seen in here but the owners must have been walking around seeing the sights the same as us.Here are all the pics of the turbo's (930's) that were in attendance.If you were there and see your car make sure to speak up.Please excuse the crappy photo taking as the way the cars were parked it was impossible to get a pic without another being cut off halfway.Enjoy!!

Mike D's heavily modified beast.

Cant forget my temptress...

Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Yes that is me cut off in the pic with my car!!!

This one had a different efi set up with a Carrera intake with a cis fuel dist and wur.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

And a few more......

While not a turbo this was still a neat car..

If anyone had a chance to get a few pics of my car there make sure to post them or pm me with info to get them.I was too busy walking around and taking pics of everyone's cars to get more than just the one my girlfriend took while I was walking across the street. Post your pics of the other cars also as it helps to get a few perspective's and you may have photo's that are better.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

It was good to meet you and your girlfriend Ben. Sorry I didn't get to talk more, too many people not enough time. Here are some pics of yours.

--clutch-monkey
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: