Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I want to install a 87 dash in my 84 930 easy?

I did a search and was not able to find a post which covers this topic.

I want to install a 87 Dash in my 84 930. Is there any welding required to replace the defrost vents? If yes, what parts do I need to get? Are these wrecking yard parts only or does Pelican have them?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I might be interested in this also any body have the knowledge?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

There is a thread on here or Rennlist where somebody did that with pictures. They did some sheetmetal cutting to get the side AC ducts to fit and work.

maybe some searches here, rennlist, and google or dogpile.com will dig it up.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You can do the dash top with the larger center vent fairly easy..

If you want the larger side vents.. then you're in for some "cut, chop, build" or should I say weld.. in addition to the parts need from a donor car.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
You can do the dash top with the larger center vent fairly easy..

If you want the larger side vents.. then you're in for some "cut, chop, build" or should I say weld.. in addition to the parts need from a donor car.

All Iwant to do is replace the Upper Dash. I searched the this forum and the internet and have not been able to find any info.

When you say its fairly easy...do you know if I need to change/cut/weld the top defroster vents? Or do I need to change anything in the front compartment area where the hoses connect to the defroster vents?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930Euro View Post
All Iwant to do is replace the Upper Dash. I searched the this forum and the internet and have not been able to find any info.

When you say its fairly easy...do you know if I need to change/cut/weld the top defroster vents? Or do I need to change anything in the front compartment area where the hoses connect to the defroster vents?

Thanks
You may have to trim the edges of the defroster vents for the new top piece to fit properly.
You will have to cut a bit of the metal for the center vent to fit. Nothing else to really change, nothing in the front compartment to change.

It's one of the jobs that pretty straight forward and you'll see what you need to do as you move forward with the upgrade. Of course you'll need to remove the windshield.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
You may have to trim the edges of the defroster vents for the new top piece to fit properly.
You will have to cut a bit of the metal for the center vent to fit. Nothing else to really change, nothing in the front compartment to change.

It's one of the jobs that pretty straight forward and you'll see what you need to do as you move forward with the upgrade. Of course you'll need to remove the windshield.
Hi and thanks for the input. I took out the windshield. I lined up the new top piece and now see that I have to trim a bit off the top of the defroster vents. However the defroster vents do not line up with the new top piece and am wondering if enough air will flow out? And what about the center holes of the new piece will any air flow out those holes?
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
There is a thread on here or Rennlist where somebody did that with pictures. They did some sheetmetal cutting to get the side AC ducts to fit and work.

maybe some searches here, rennlist, and google or dogpile.com will dig it up.
I did a search again and could not find anything.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: