Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Abuser

Carnivore's only- Got beef?

Ah yes the tire god's were shining in my neck of the woods today. I had ordered up a set of Kumho ecsta xs tires for my ride yesterday and they arrived today.Sizes are 315-35-17 and 245-40-17.It is getting hard to find a set of tires for 17's these days with little choice out there.I read several reviews about these and all were positive.I am replacing a sad worn out set of yokohama avs's size 275-40-17 and 235-45-17 with many battle's on them.I finally get to use the Fikse Profile 10 wheels 17x11 that I had bought last year.I cant waite to get these mounted up in the morning.I have a few more projects to finish up while the car is in the air but hope so see it back rolling by this weekend.I will take some comparison shots then.A few shots of the new beef!!!

Here are the old rears,think it was due!!!
Ever wondered what your car would look like rally style?

My other German carnivore's,they were impressed also.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
beancounter

Nice looking meats...my 930 is begging for 17" fuchs replicas wider than the factory 7s & 8s. Nice looking dogs too, here's my german dog-->german car shot:

Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Congrats in getting the tires! What's the difference between the FM10 and the Prifil10 as they look the same to me. I'm just waiting for next Monday as the FM10s are supposed to arrive then! Don't forget to let me know when the fronts are available.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Thanks every one, The only difference between the wheels is if you look close at the lug nut area they are more recessed than the FM 10's. When they arrive look at that area and then these pics and you will pick it out.But if you didn't know when you look at them they appear the same.I was able to get them mounted up today but it has been raining so no good pics yet.These things seem massive compared to what came off!!! JW have you ever let that bad boy ride shotgun in your car? By the pic he looks real familiar with that car.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The Profil 10 and FM10 use different forging....

Cheers
Old 07-08-2010, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

nice looking rubbers!

I'd like to go to 35's in the rear. I have same rims as your new setup but same size tires in rear as your old tires. my car is lowered and i worry about tires rubbing. Can you post side profile of old to see ride height. Also let us know if you need to trim or adjust to get 35's to fit.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Nice wheels and sneakers.

That dog on the left looks like a pushover. Now the dog on the right...
Old 07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick Ben just sick!

love it!

315s FTMFW!

that's going to look so entirely badass it ain't even funny - can't wait to see the shots

I lol'd @ the tires hanging off the rotors shot - hilarity

I love my Ecsta XS's! Grip like snot, but errr wear "accordingly" 8-). A bit noisy tho, no issue for our 930s but it nix'd them for Alumibiatch - went Sumi HTRZ III there which are also very VERY good.

hope yer schwell!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-09-2010, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
R.I.P.

they look alot like my Kodiaks

Old 07-09-2010, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

It's funny how allot of people say she looks so innocent and sweet but in reality she is the one who you have to worry about. Portia,she is very judgmental and antisocial but looks sweet.Sir,is very friendly but looks like a typical nightmare and can be if you get too close to the cars!!I will post some side profile shots when I get it back on the ground.I still need to rebuild the inner cv axle on the drivers side due to a torn boot and replace the plugs.It's easier to get to the bottom row plugs while its in the air with the tire out of the way.We are fixing the axle tomorrow and my plugs should be here Monday,so pics then if everything goes as planned.With the wheel mounted on the car with it still on jack stands they seem to stick out past the fenders a little but may just be from droop but, I am starting to wonder if the backspacing is correct.We wont know until we lower it back down.I know many are running this combo so they should fit.Update's soon!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Tires are mounted, replaced the axle boot , oil tank sending unit seal, but still no plugs.Front tires are on but will have to wait for the plugs to arrive before she gets the rears put on for good.I did test fit them over the weekend and the clearance issues I thought may pop up were dispelled as when I lowered it to the ground everything fit perfect.The tires are a little chunky for a 35 series tire but look good in those fat fenders. Here are a few more pics to wet your whistles.Hopefully the plugs will arrive tomorrow so I can finish up this project and see the finished product.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered Driver

Garage
They are the same tires I run. Not many choices for our sizes these days.

I haven't had any problems at all with them.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Hurry up and sell me the fronts.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Here they are all mounted up.The rears are close to the inner edge of the fender but I have hit a few hard curves just to test them and had no rubbing.Looks killer but I am partial to my red head!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Ben! That is beyond incredulously *SICK* looking. Well played, well played sir!

Damn my friend, you've been quite the busy beaver there w/ yer car - look @ that interior! Impressive. You nut 8-).

Keep up the good werk down thar! BEEEFAAAAAAAY!!!

Random Thought I had (I have a few, occassionally): paint your mirror caps black to match the headlight trim rings, like a DTM car or something. Might look cool and tie together. Dunno.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Ben, the car looks great... Drive it a little, huh Maybe throw a little grease or dirt on it...

BTW: where is the vent hose going from your top of oil tank?

Thanks, Shannon

Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

That vent used to run to the air box. When you eliminate the box that hose is just hanging there.I put a small vent filter on the hose and trimmed it back.Under boost and high rpm driving where my car spends most of its time it emits a little mist from the filter so I just wrap a little rag around it to catch it.It works for now until I figure something else out.The car does go out and get dirty every weekend it's nice but I like to keep it as clean as I can since I do auto detailing for high end vehicles in my area and it represents my work.Thanks for all the kind words there Paul.It's kind of an on going project as you know they are never really done, you just keep looking at it thinking well maybe if I just change this then that's it but in reality it don't work like that.I have really thought about painting the mirrors but if I do that why not just do 934 style mirrors, you see how it works!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I totally missed this thread before posting my "tire search" thread, doh! Please update here if you eventually do find that the 315's rub. Also, on the Tire Rack site, there is one review of "chunking" with this tire. Are you going to track the car anytime soon? If so, can you comment on how the tires hold up? Thanks!
former Tony//Kart shifterkart owner
Old 07-29-2010, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWFAT View Post
That vent used to run to the air box. When you eliminate the box that hose is just hanging there.I put a small vent filter on the hose and trimmed it back.Under boost and high rpm driving where my car spends most of its time it emits a little mist from the filter so I just wrap a little rag around it to catch it.It works for now until I figure something else out.The car does go out and get dirty every weekend it's nice but I like to keep it as clean as I can since I do auto detailing for high end vehicles in my area and it represents my work.Thanks for all the kind words there Paul.It's kind of an on going project as you know they are never really done, you just keep looking at it thinking well maybe if I just change this then that's it but in reality it don't work like that.I have really thought about painting the mirrors but if I do that why not just do 934 style mirrors, you see how it works!!!
A car detailing business - - that explains it. I always wanted to do that

On the hose: yes, i did the same [with the filter] and got the same results. didn't think about the 'little rag' idea, so i just ran it back to the top of the filter. unfortunately, the 'mist' no goes back through the intake... still need to rig a catch can or maybe steal your 'rag' idea.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
here is where i ended up running the hose...
Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: