Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Stock SC engine is ~180CHP. If the goal becomes anything more than ~250CHP the stock SC engine won't work using standard bolt-on parts.
That is not necessarily a bad thing; as Keith points out you don't want too much power as the rest of the car is not built for it. With 300WHP my SC was on the ragged edge of overpowering the other systems on the street and most certainly would not last long on the track. I now have 350WHP and the brakes and tranny only live because I am aware of their shortcomings.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

3.0 Turbo

newport,
In the next week or so, I will be doing this exact conversion. I can tell you what I have into it thus far and the parts I will be using just to give you an idea of whats involved. Hopefully it should be operational by Aug. 1.
Send me a PM and I send you my number if you want to talk.
Your neighbor to the north (Milwaukee),
Jeremy
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Stock HP for an SC (per the manual) is 174 for my 78. I just has the car dynoed last week, and although I think it needs a little bit of tuning, put down 145-147 HP.
Car has almost 87K original miles on the engine.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
In the next week or so, I will be doing this exact conversion. I can tell you what I have into it thus far and the parts I will be using just to give you an idea of whats involved. Hopefully it should be operational by Aug. 1.
Send me a PM and I send you my number if you want to talk.
Your neighbor to the north (Milwaukee),
Jeremy
Sweet! PM sent.
The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know...what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. -Larry Gopnik
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Conversion

Just curious as to your progress? I am in the process of collecting parts right now to do the same conversion. By the way i'm in s.bend.

Tim
Old 10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
yep, im slow in the head

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to carslutt
hum, this could be neat. good luck
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Theres been delay as my partner-in-crime has been tied up, so I havent started yet. Will update as i get going, might not be for a while as the temp keep dropping here and my garage is not heated.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 10-05-2010, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
I gotta say, I would agree on just getting a 930. Yes its more up-front cost, but that is gotten back in resale, and the market is soft of "toy cars" like these, so its not a bad idea.

With the 930 you get better suspension, brakes, more rubber, better looks (IMO), and a better platform to modify later. PLUS the motor stock with a few goodies will EASILY be at 300-330HP. No fancy tuning required.

Its kinda like the argument of guys who buy Cheap honda civics and dump 25K into them, and they are not a whole lot faster than a stock base model vette thats a few years old. Why not just put the same money in and own the vette? Instead of a heavily tuned civic that is at the ragged edge of potential, you have a base platform BEGGING for more.

Just my .2 cents.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to KNIGHTRACE
Glad to help if needed, william@knightrace.com

Old 10-06-2010, 02:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: