Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"O Gruppe 13"

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to IDGAF27
just for you , you sick bahstad

Paul thought me this trick

68 911TR
Old 10-26-2010, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #281 (permalink)

Nothing like hitting redline in top gear!
KJ looking cool as a cucumber...one-handing the steering wheel!
Remember there's no tail on that car! Double kudos!

R Gruppe bicycles - Cannondale, Titus, Specialized, Bridgestone, Raleigh, Schwinn Paramount, and Scattante TT bike.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #282 (permalink)
R.I.P.

damn KJ, that girl was rollin
Old 10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)

Garage
you are truly one crazy mofo. i thought i was nutz!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #284 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
you are truly one crazy mofo. i thought i was nutz!!!!
Don't sell yourself short Frank, your completely nutz! haha

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #285 (permalink)

WOW... KJ...... Pretty cool, pretty lucky too.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer911 View Post
I asked around on TurboPalooza [should be Turbo-Palooka's] about how to get rid of the clear film covering the chrome on my fuchs rims. One suggestion i received was using Brillo and Steel wool and basically scratch/rub it off. Would yu guys agree that this is the best way of removing the plastic film? I have confirmed it is plastic... Isn't there a chemical that could soften the plastic or even dilute it that wouldn't damage chrome or the rubber? All suggestions would be appreciated.
KJ, sorry to disappoint you bro, but most turbopalooza participants are card carrying members of the anti-rim polishing club (take that any way you want). If you want to learn the fine art of rim-polishing or circle jerking, there is this great website called 'Rennlist' where they will be happy to take care of your needs
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-26-2010, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #287 (permalink)

Youre tough on KJ. The trip home should have spun the clear coat right off.
Bruce
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #288 (permalink)
Tripple Black 86 Carrera

Garage
kissing 170mph

Guys thanks for teaching me how to embed the link, my camera recorded in NTSC and I need to convert to avi in order to see what vids I have [ I know I have a few good ones] but it will take a while. As for hitting redline in top gear. EVERY RESPECTABLE PORSCHE OWNER SHOULD REDLINE THEIR CAR AT LEAST ONCE HA-HA. If Justin and I had made it to the track as intended on time, I would have loved to track the limo. I probably would be competing with Pete for the "squirrell hunting trophy" Respect bro, I mean tha in the best way because I also believe that I like to push my car and self to the limit in order to know how much to pull back in the future but still get best results and there is no better place to do this than on a track, although Fank and Doc shows us how to play to the MAX and keep on going! In the video I passed the FedEx truck who was doing 80+mph - we saw each other a couple of times on the way to CA [I stopped for food etc] he kept giving me the thumbs up and blowing his horn. I have groupies lol. Mike D, what is it I need to brush up on? Jesper, where is your B&B. I was telling Doc that my goal for next year is to make mucho's money and fly to NC for the next TurboPalooza, buy a '93 3.8RS or '89 930, "try" hang with you maniacs and do the drive back again...this time I'll do it in 5 days, tae nice pics, relax at some tourist traps and do the 170mph run through Texas again hee-hee. Miguel - I was lucky but I'm a firm believer that if there is something that one is deeply passionate about doing then do it! If you get caught, deny it even if there are pictures. I can see that you are a card carrying member of that last statement by the way you handle that rocket of yours around the track. You don't get to handle a car like that from playing Grand Theft Auto...that goes for all you badasses! My buy Rolf just acquired a 72 carrera 3.0 with 935 body kit and Weber carbs so it looks like we will have a Cool-Carrera club West coast Boyyyyyyy. Wish us luck! If you guys have close friends we could contact this side, please send messgae to me with contact info. I'm going to Super car Sunday in Woodland Hills CA this Sunday at 8am, would like to meet some new like minded Porsche owners.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #289 (permalink)
Tripple Black 86 Carrera

Garage
911jettat - Naturally Aspirated might take a while to get there but WE GET THERE! I loved the drifing clip you were responsible for. I will have to post some clips of me doing that in my Turbo Miata - obvioulst not on this forum. I wouldn't drift the Porsche...on purpose :-)
IDGAF27 thanks for helping with the vid bro I truly appreciate it!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #290 (permalink)

Garage
KJ, ASL = American Sign Language. You should have known! No, really I was giving you a tough time here. I'm surprised you remembered some signs or even knew them. Not many guys know them let alone a Porsche freek.

Like the Doc said we guys don't know how or care to polish out the rims. At least I clean the rims once in a while but to get them shiny, pfft, I'd rather spend time drivin' not polishin'.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #291 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Ahh man your making me miss the valley again... I used to be a regular at Super Car Sunday.
Stop in at the starbucks...if your lucky Briana Love is still working there. Tell her I said what up!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #292 (permalink)

Garage
Pouncer911, The B&B is in Enterprise AL -yeah I know, but you'll be surprised

Get the 930. If you want a real RS of that vintage you'll have to find a european one, and get the 3.6 narrow version, not the wide 3.8 RSR. In my mind the RS' are way too much money now.
So get the 930 :-)
See ya

You guys can fry me, but an RSA just isn't the same.

Jesper
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #293 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
You guys can fry me, but an RSA just isn't the same.

Jesper
I agree, we get screwed over here on all the cool track variants...964RS/RSR
993RS/RSR/clubsport, the real GT2's...etc I can't wait to get out of this country!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)

Garage
I'm already wishin I was back up in hillbilly country. So. fla is flat hot and boring. Don't know if I can wait til spring
Old 10-27-2010, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)

Hey KJ, glad you made it there... you'll like it! Stay tuned.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #296 (permalink)

Just got the video from that beautiful Cobra that was following me (toying with me really!). He points out the cheering section during the video!

Enjoy your weekend and relive some of that OkTURBOfest feeling with at least ONE spirited drive this weekend! Go outside now!

YouTube - Deryck Oct16 2010 at play with a Porsche 911

R Gruppe bicycles - Cannondale, Titus, Specialized, Bridgestone, Raleigh, Schwinn Paramount, and Scattante TT bike.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #297 (permalink)
Tripple Black 86 Carrera

Garage
Need help with relay or fuses...

Hey there guys. I'm supposed to be at Super car =Sunday at 8am tomorrow Sunday 31st Oct. On my way home from Halloween party tonight, I smelled a electrical burn smell, thought it was from outside and then my radio went off, my windowws won't wind down and my doors won't lock? The only fuse box I know of is in the front and all those fuses look good. What could it be. The burnt smoldering smell is still in the car :-(
Car ran fine, just electrical took a dump!
I had the lights and radio on and defroster was on 3 with both levers pulled up to allow heat in to remove condensation from front window and warm up the car for drive home. I had been driving for about 10 minutes.
I hope someone could shed some light on this.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)
Tripple Black 86 Carrera

Garage
UDO, nice vids and pics of your track day btw!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #299 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Pouncer,
Do you have a power antenna on your car? You might want to start there. Porsche, in their infinite wisdom, decided not to fuse the antenna on my '85. So when the wire(s) from the antenna going through the inner fender scraped off the insulation, ......short circuit and smoke!

Another possibility is the circulation fan in the front bonnet area. When these motors stall from either bad bearings or worn commutators or both, they'll get pretty damn warm and still not blow a fuse. This fan is controlled by the top slide control on the heat/fresh control panel.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-31-2010, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #300 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: