Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need opinions on front valance

Hi,
I am building/restoring a tub up 78 930 with a steel slantnose conversion. I have 2 front valances - Ruf-like "factory" and a 934/935 valance with the large opening for headlights. I don't want to do the headlights in the valance. So any suggestions - brake cooling, etc. The one that I don't use, I will put up for sale.

Here are some pics.

- OR -

Thanks for the help
Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Where did you get the "Ruf-like" factory valance? I like it.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Don't remember where I got the "Ruf". The quality is excellent - thick fiberglass and very sturdy. The other one came with the car.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

the "Ruf" one looks like my GT Racing valence that I got at Hershey, and have yet to put on. (But I did get it sanded/filled and painted)
former Tony//Kart shifterkart owner
Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like a nice project. The valences are quite different.

The new to you factory style white one makes it look more like factory 930 S. There is some detailed info available to you, on a thread that we have all probably read before. I just perused it again and it has some cool stuff to see. I am certain it has the details you seek plus, plus, so if you haven't seen it I would recommend it. I would go with this one with fog lights ( or if you are against the fogs too, there is one i saw today in the thread with three matching grills that looked unique but nice just sans fogs), but that is just me and how I would like such a car. BTW like the rear duct too.

You removed the one with the round cutout so maybe the 930 S type valence is more of what you are leaning towards.

Versions with brake duct cutouts are often seen on track cars, and some of the conversion companies used unique combinations as well.

If you are building a street car, I think the white one is best, but that is just me. If a track car the black one with a mean splitter would be.

Either way it is going to be rad.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I kinda like the black one. Looks mean.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: