Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Greetings and introductions!

Greetings everyone!

I am new around these parts, so I just thought I would introduce myself. Name is Steve, 27 years old. I am in the Army and currently deployed to Afghanistan.

In between the last deployment and this one I added a nice 1987 930 to my P-car stable. I also have a 2001 Boxster S, and a project 1962 356B I am working on.

I noticed this previous thread:
Porsche 911 Turbo (930) Engine For Sale

It seems at some point in the past year or so my old man acquired this motor minus the intake, just the long block. I am gonna finish it out, looking for about 450- 500HP out of it. Biggest thing I want is reliability. I am gonna remove my original motor and keep it nice. no need to destroy it.

The car was purchased from a doctor up north. It has the usual "stage 1" stuff. 1 Bar boost spring, K27, Andial intercooler, and an early RUF exhaust. Also in it are Konig race seats, front tower brace, DP Air dam, andForward mounted oil cooler.

I have a history of these cars in my family since I was 16. My brother and dad both also have Turbos, one an 83 Euro car (I think), and the other an 85 Euro car of questionable pedigree (slant nose style fender holes with no slats, and not a slant nose car) etc.

I have never gotten really into the motors of these cars, but I have access to a full workshop including a full size car lift, etc. I also know my way around a wrench, so not too worried about that.

As I am in Afghanistan right now, I am doing some homework on my engine project so if any you guys are running modded motors I may pick your brains. Any and all advice is encouraged and appreciated.

Now for what we all care about: Pics!

Last edited by Groovie Ghoulie; 07-18-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Welcome brother - good luck over in the suck, keep your head down. Just got out of there myself.

You're off to a good start, if you want to mod you're in the right group. We drive the piss out of these things. When you're back in the US we have to meet up for a drive.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Absolutely! I just missed ya for R&R I was back in the casa last month. I wish I had found this place earlier! I was reading that 935 Build earlier and that car is CRAZY! I'd sell an organ to get strapped into the passenger side of that rocket ship. But yeah totally ready for a meetup and ride. I am stationed in Bamberg Germany right now, but will be back to visit my baby as soon as it warms up a bit next year. (Getting out of the suck around early november).
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Well brother, anytime you're feeling game we'll strap in a seat so you can ride side seat. Take care and welcome.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
I think your family needs to buy a red one next time...you know...to round out your color palate.

Welcome aboard!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Welcome and stay safe over there...we appreciate what you do for us!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
I think your family needs to buy a red one next time...you know...to round out your color palate.

Welcome aboard!
Yeah, ironically all the Turbos are red...and so are the 3 boxsters! it was not by choice though. We got SMOKIN deals on all the cars, and we never shop by color. whatever is the cleanest low mileage car at the best price is what we buy. they just happened to be red! well, except my Turbo, which I specifically wanted in red, but thats another story.

And thanks to all who appreciate what we do out here, we always like hearing thank you. so, thank YOU!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Welcome to the dark side, be safe out there and thanks for serving.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 07-20-2010, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Welcome! Very nice Porsche stable. There is no shortage of info here to help you mod your dad's engine. That (engine) was a smokin' deal as well. You got it for core pricing.
My father served in Korea, both brothers and sis-in-law are Gulf War vets. We understand the commitment and sacrifice. Hat's off to ya.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Champagne on Beer Budget

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovie Ghoulie View Post
I noticed this previous thread:
Porsche 911 Turbo (930) Engine For Sale

It seems at some point in the past year or so my old man acquired this motor minus the intake, just the long block.
Welcome to PP! I bought a 3.2 from the same Seller a couple of years ago

www.einarsgarage.com
Instagram @einars_garage
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Einars-Garage/375533809160797
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

What it is, is what it is... enjoy them all as we all do in this forum.

Welcome aboard!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: