Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Jim,

Thanks for the correction.

I guess that if one gets the double clutch shift right a second 'blip' should probably not be needed.

I guess I am less than a perfict driver so I seem to have that second throttle action programed into my process.

On the track underbraking I often find I have selected my down shift such that I need the second blip or throttle matching action to keep from upsetting the rear tires.

I guess I will have to work on that.

Sorry, if it reads that I inferred the gears were not always in mesh. I noted 'engagement teeth'. 'Selector teeth' must be more correct.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Well, I guess my syncros are tired. If I want to shift down to second gear at 55 mph, I have to double clutch or it takes an eternity for the synrco to do the job.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

If you have non synthetic oil in the transaxle you're right.

Synthetic oil is too slippery for the porsche steel synchro rings to grip and do their thing with their overengineered arrangement of stop blocks, anchor blocks, and energizer rings so you're supposed to use nonsynthetic GL5 oil in 901, 915, and 930 gearboxes.

The G50 and newer gearboxes with borg warner synchros work fine with GL5 synthetic oil.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
I have Swepco blue in it.

And forever is kind of an exageration. Its probably all of one half a second. But it seems like forever compared to bronze syncros.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: