Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Present price of our 930 in the Excellence Buyers guide

To my fellow enthusiasts,

I was reviewing the prices of our 930 and it seems our cars depreciated for the year 2009. It seems the 964 turbo variants are the models the have gained in price for the year 2009. Could it be that there's a renewed interest for the 964 turbo's or potential 911 turbo buyers already lost interest in the 930 .

TDH 888
Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have not read the report you refer to. I can only mention the three sales from my stable over the past year. Keep in mind these were word of mouth sales coming from buyers that were looking for exceptional cars and I am not located in the hottest sales area for these cars. The published report you refer to most likely came from other published sales that encompass many different condition turbo's reported in the past.
Also these were the prices offered by buyers that had been looking at the turbo's being offered ( in one case over 2 years) not prices that I asked or had anything to do with setting, as these cars were not offered for sale with a asking price.
Your right that in the past I have seen slightly higher prices from the hot spots ( Barrett Jackson and other auctions etc ) however they included a 15% os so buyers/sellers premium which gets into the glass being half full or empty analysis of to what the real price was.........They were $60K for a exceptional 1988 SN 31K miles with the right options. $46K for a equally nice 1979 ( silver lobster) 30K miles and $40K for a 87 with 31K miles that had been repainted due to sand storm damage but done so well that I nor judges @ Porsche shows could tell the difference. I was offered $44k until we found, after talking to the original owner, of the repaint ( the insurance co paid over $15K to repair the sand blasting that was just to one side,however they went around the whole car. Bottom line is that exceptional cars still get great prices, even when the stock market was cut in half and the real estate market is in the toilet. I would say that they have been a good investment compared to the traditional investments at certain points in time. Not to mention the Porsche Turbo ownership benifits of saying " it's mine"

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-26-2010 at 09:12 AM..
Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Voiture ltd.,

Thanks for your reply,its good to hear that are beloved 930's price are stable and excellence magazine article is merely a survey of the prices of our cars. Good to hear this news from someone whose actuallty in the trade.

tdh888
Old 07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Any thoughts on where the 930 factory slantnose market is?? All original parts included......

Old 07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Face it. These things are old, loud, smelly, and dangerous. They're not for every one. I didn't buy mine for an investment, I bought it to drive it like I stole it. They'll have to pry my cold dead fingers of my steering wheel to get mine.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
I get my money's worth everyday ....

Nice collection of videos! I think I've probably seen all of them at one time or another.
The one that I get the most kick out of is the one with the red 930 that hasn't been started in several months. The dude crawls in....lights her up and she dies. Listen closely now....you can hear him "pump" the throttle 3 or 4 times to get her "primed". What, since when did CIS injection include an accelerator pump?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

This seems positive.

1987 930 Turbo
Old 07-27-2010, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I sold my 964 turbo with 20k on it last December for a good price. It then ended up at TruSpeed. My True Love is my 930 as it's the epitome of a Bad Boy car, loud, rude, obnoxious and farts flames. lol
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Probably a good tiime to get one, or add another one (if you've been thinking about it) as some folks may act on that analysis in the Excellence Mag ( their story not mine) and think of selling at the levels they recommend. It's up to you to figure out which are the good ones.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-27-2010 at 08:14 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

It all depends on the value your car brings you...

BTW, mine is priceless.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

well said brotha look forward to this fall (have new tires 265 16 kumo on 9" fuchs)
Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
<----priceless as well. It brings great joy to me everytime I slide into the driver's seat.
I know what you mean. I am my own best customer, especially after I drive it.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: