Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
LOL Jim, sorry my "mystery" is driving you such 8-).

***I have a functioning OB switch silly*** - re-read above, when my WG was frozen it most SOITENLY kicked in! Like I said, I'm guessing (I'm not dat smaht) my MBC is wired to the OB switch and it functions thru that (I'm noooo expert, but I play one on TV)?

There's not much mystery wiring going on, just 'that' really - car's only got 48k mi and is pretty sorted/straight/clean/stock otherwise. Too funny tho.

Have a beer or 5, goes well w/ bananas and will help calm you 8-). Tx for the thoughts tho. How about any thoughts on that black hose my pinky is holding?

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Paul, I was responding to Marks post, his is the one I quoted... Sorry if it read like I could use 5 beers after reading yours... actually I enjoy your humor and am just trying to help.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I like the idea of 5 beers right now, but why stop there? (oh, except for fear of random workplace UA's that is).
So what does that damn yellow relay do, other than not allow the car (my '87 anyway) from running if it's not plugged in? It's listed as: Relay for Air Flow Sensor Boost Pressure, 911 Turbo (1987-89). Perhaps all it does is link with the switch on the air flow metering plate/arm? Given Jim's input on the speed relays tied in with the OB sensor, I'm beginning to think that's the case and may finally have this sorted out in my brain.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
How about any thoughts on that black hose my pinky is holding?
As Mark mentioned a couple of posts ago, the black hose that your pinky is fondling is simply a vent to atmosphere for the solenoid it is attached to.

BTW: love the "no bras" sticker in the background of one of your pics (along with what I can make out of the "possible breathing difficulties" explanation !!!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

.and the only reason that little curved black hose is there is to keep water from getting into the solenoid when it's raining or while washing the car.. so unlike the it's position in the picture, the curved end should be pointed down.

Origonally those litle short curved hoses were made for Mercedes. They use them for all the vacuum line connections and they run teflon plastic hose between them instead of long runs of vacuum hose which takes up less room and lasts alot longer than rubber hose... A much better and more elegant installation for vacuum lines than any other car made.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
d'oeth!

I'm so sorry Jimbo / Mark - I toooooooootally did not see Mark's response for some ??? reason (my ignorance is painful).

Ah! Gotchya on the vent to atm, and interesting tidbit Jim on it's roots. It was aimed down, I tilted it for photo effect.

And I was totally just bustin yer bauls Jim when I thought you were saying my car was driving you bananas! Great you enjoy my stoopidity (sorry to hear that!). I like a good laugh is all.

Ronnie, too funny on the sticker. Sorta accidental sorta purposeful - I was looking for a good background to shoot the plug against and the beerfridge was right behind the car and I figured perfect! Then I noted 'that' sticker and figured it would make good added scenery - wondered if any eagle eyes would catch it 8-).

Funny story, the real sticker (that's a photocopy) was on the visor of my former //S6. Took the President of our bank to a client once, he's sitting there and flips down the visor - I'm squirming in my seat driving wondering how exactly I'm going to explain that one to a non car-guy. Fortunately he was so caught up pontificating in his CEOness he never noticed.

"This car is equipped with a turbocharger. Due to possible breathing problems under heavy acceleration, all females are required to remove any tight fitting or restrictive clothing for safety"

we did a group buy on them wayway back on an S-car email List I am part of. Hmmmmm... anyone??? Hahahahahaa...

Here's what it looks like:

ps. oh yeah - car's still running fine! New cap / rotor / plugs on order - thanks guys, you all rule!

pps. 5+ bierz, here I come! Gotta drop the TR3 driveshaft, joy!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: