Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Road Trip

In honor of my ninth year of imprisonment (ahem) uh sorry hon, marriage, the wife and I are driving the 930 from Rochester Hills, Michigan to NYC. I recently had another rebuild and by all measures the car seems really stout and I am confident about the trip. I am from NYC and I am making the trip "home" to see some friends and it sounded like a good idea at the time so we decided to drive. My wife was a good sport the last time we took a road trip in the car to Chicago, but I had to take her, it was after I bought the car without discussing it with her, it was a very expensive trip. I hope we all survive this one, I assure you I will not if we have any mechanical difficulty along the way, I will take lots of pics and keep you guys posted we leave on Friday morn and hope to be in Manhattan by six, we are meeting the Dartmouth girls and all their husbands for dinner at eight, can't tell the girl friends that we can't make dinner because the car broke down and Lincoln won't leave it at just any shop and grab a rental for heaven's sake... and so we shall see.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
beancounter

Linc,
Happy anniversary to you and your wife. I live minutes away from NYC in Jersey City, so if you do have any trouble you have "in network" coverage locally.

You've probably got a full agenda, but I can offer you and your wife a sail on New York harbor aboard Windy if you're interested and weather permits. Its much slower than a Porsche, but a lot of fun.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Congrats Linc. Sounds like a fun trip, so keep us posted.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

In the 356 Registry we have a nationwide network that will offer assistance to any other 356
that may run into problems while on the road. In my case, I have a Rotory Hoist, a few spare parts, and a space to work.
This thread caused me to wonder if it might be possable to create a network for 930s.
Any thoughts?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayebaal View Post
In the 356 Registry we have a nationwide network that will offer assistance to any other 356
that may run into problems while on the road. In my case, I have a Rotory Hoist, a few spare parts, and a space to work.
This thread caused me to wonder if it might be possable to create a network for 930s.
Any thoughts?
Excellent idea. I'm on board with it and would like nothing more than to help a fellow 930 owner in distress. Gotta make it easier to drive our cars with confidence, even though they're old and prone to problelms sometimes. It's a shame to leave them parked for fear of driving when a support network may just be the ticket to freedom.

With that said, don't expect me to just "buzz on over" to NYC for emergency assistance. You need to be someplace this side of the Mississippi.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 08-03-2010 at 05:56 AM..
Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
this is an excellant idea!!!! Where is the registry listed ? Is it just a sticky on a thread or password protected someplace ?

With regard to Linc, does it have a bail bond service ?? Anyone who's hung out with him knows he's eventually gonna get arrested for a triple digit offense :-)
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I`m just outside the city (30 min.) maybe a little get together????Anyone interested????
Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
have fun lincoln and oh yea dont forget to bust 2nd loose every now and again just to keep the wifey interested frank
Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
"O Gruppe 13"

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to IDGAF27
Have a good trip.If run in trouble or need a getaway bud, I am few mins from city.
Good place to visit, while you there - DaMan Motorsport.
67 911 2.0L, 901, Webbers,Matching #'s
68 912 original to the bone
Old 08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Jake thanks for the generous offer, the schedule is really tight right now lots of people to see, we will be at Balthazar on Friday, Per Se on Saturday, Sunday we will be driving out to Long Insland, meetings Monday and Tuesday morning then blast back to Michigan.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Todd, not with the fun police in the right seat I am not.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Ayebaal what a great suggestion we need to make it happen. Maybe we could
even get Wayne to give us a "Road Trip Button" on the site for all to reference if they have issues on the road. I would be the first to welcome my fellow Porsche
Brethren into my home and help with anything I can. Todd and Gimpy get in here.

Dave Cole "Cole 930"
Auburn, Indiana
260-570-6914
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 08-03-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Ayebaal what a great suggestion we need to make it happen. Maybe we could
even get Wayne to give us a "Road Trip Button" on the site for all to reference if they have issues on the road. I would be the first to welcome my fellow Porsche
Brethren into my home and help with anything I can. Todd and Gimpy get in here.

Dave Cole "Cole 930"
Auburn, Indiana
260-570-6914
Yep, I have open arms when it comes to helping. One of my many (well, faults - if you listen to my wife)....I'm a caregiver, but then again so is she. My humble abode is yours if you need it.
And Cole, for you, I might even cross over the Great Divide if needed.

Mark Houghton aka Mr. Gimpy
509-754-5389
Ephrata, Washington
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

100% likewise my friend !!!!!!

Have you got damn K27 on yet ??????
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
You guys are great, I love the esprit de corps, my doors are always open in Southeast and Northwest Michigan. As a self appointed ambassador for this State I invite you guys to explore her beauty, here we have more shoreline than any other State in the Union. Here is a photo of my other woman La Reve or the dream.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
You guys are great, I love the esprit de corps, my doors are always open in Southeast and Northwest Michigan. As a self appointed ambassador for this State I invite you guys to explore her beauty, here we have more shoreline than any other State in the Union. Here is a photo of my other woman La Reve or the dream.

Have you checked with the "fun police" if Spartans are invited??
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

lifeline

lincoln,

i live right off of i90 soth of albany ny, so if there are any problems or concerns in my neck of the woods, i'm here. have a great trip.

rd
Old 08-04-2010, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks, I will blast across I80 and try to not break the soud barrier.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Have a safe trip, Linc.

We just returned from Traverse City and the UP so I can attest to the beauty of our fine state. (If you are ever up near TC, check out Fletcher rd. Miles and miles of sweet curves.)

Wayne
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Yeassssss, I know the road I have a home on Lake Charlevoix.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: