Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
89 930.

Garage
Question Drainage hose for A/C ? Picture

Can someone confirm what the small hose is for. It's leaking what appears to be A/C oil....

Thx

Now where to look for the crack/hole/leak..........?
Old 08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
that is the drain hole for your evaporator. should be just water dripping out after ac use
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
that is the drain hole for your evaporator. should be just water dripping out after ac use
I got oil from the A/C coming out of there............... GREAT!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
You should be looking for a new evaporator. ********* has P/N W0133-1597502 for $420.94. Or RennAire for $289.00
Photo Gallery

I would also recommend you search our host, Pelican may have a better price or product.

Good Luck,
Old 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Are you sure it's oil or just slimy condensation from the evaporator? Does your AC work? There is oil (a very small amount) in the AC system to keep things lubed.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
Ya, its A/C oil............

Problem is i have changed to other refrig. And all the cans come with a small amount of oil. So over 3 years, 3 cans per year............. too much oil (this is just a guess, i will confirm when i remove it).

I use Duracool or redtek. AC still works but, i imagine it will empty soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

911 AC systems take about 6oz of oil. Most of it collects in the reciever drier and the compressor will have around 3oz in it after use but there is no sump collecting it in the compressor.

The 3 different types of AC compressor oil I know of can not be mixed or the refrigerent will be contaminated and the whole thing will need to be disassembeld and flushed out with a pulsed flush in both directions.

Ester oil is used when converting an R12 system to R134 and you're reusing most of the parts.
PAG oil is for an R134 sytem that is using all new parts.

You can buy small cans of refrigerent without oil in them and thats what you should use for recharging. If you've been adding the cans with oil the way you say... there is way too much oil in there now, bogging down the compressor and coating the inside of the heat exchangers (condensors and evaporator) with too much oil so they become totally inefficiant and you will never get cold air, of course thats relative and very opinionated in a 911 chassis that was designed way before anyone thought about air conditioning.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: