Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

boost guage

Today while driving, I noticed the boost guage started staying at .2 driving not under boost, and idling at light. Turn off car and guage fall completly to 0. Car runs fine, and in the past the guage would stay at 0, till turbo started to spool. Did a search but cannot find anything that mentions this. Also this is the stock guage. thanks Philip
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8 dual/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LC-1/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin plug coil packs/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo install in progress. 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
My 89 does the same....... not saying it is suppoised to do this, just saying mine does as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

The stock gauge is worthless. If you want accuracy, get a NHS Speedo or similar boost gauge.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You can always check the connections on the boost sensor/sender unit (engine bay, about 2" diameter, covered with an orange rubber thing) to make sure that's not your issue. Here are the basic resistance values to tell if the sender is working properly:

0.0 Bar 5 - 13 Ohms
0.9 Bar 117 - 129 Ohms

Of course you would have to take it off the car and put air pressure to it to see if the values are in line. Somewhere I have a complete mapping of resistance values for each psi pressure change.

I still have mine fully functional, in addition to an aftermarket gauge. Believe it or not, they're usually pretty close to each other. Maybe I'm one of the few lucky ones!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: