Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

dpixxi, your 930 looks fantastic! Love the decals and stripes.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Thanks. I'm replacing them tomorrow with a new Martini livery I just finished. I'm having way too much fun with these.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I just took a look at them. I like the Gulf better. JMHO
Old 08-13-2010, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpixxi View Post
My quest to determine the proper colors used by John Wyer led me to the paddock at the Monterey Historics in '98.

I must admit, the color variance did not detract from the powerful presence eminating from these amazing cars. Dan
Dan, the Monterey Historics in '98 was time like no other in my opinion!

Between the activity of Luguna Seca, Pebble, the various auctions, tours, concours, etc.. it was hard to find time for food.. I considered getting an I-V to walk around with instead.

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Dan, the Monterey Historics in '98 was time like no other in my opinion!

Between the activity of Luguna Seca, Pebble, the various auctions, tours, concours, etc.. it was hard to find time for food.. I considered getting an I-V to walk around with instead.

Paul
Paul, We had plans to go to the Concours Italiano, Pebble Beach...etc. We could not tear ourselves away from the Paddock at Laguna Seca. The number of significant cars was overwhelming! Every Porsche that I had ever dreamed about was right there. I remember eating breakfast at First Watch in Monterey when a geniune 906 came driving down the street...unbelievable! I found out later it was Jeff Zwart and Peter Egan from R&T magazine doing a story on what it's like to drive from L.A. to Monterey in a vintage 906. Truly, one of the best vacations I have ever had.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpixxi View Post
Paul, We had plans to go to the Concours Italiano, Pebble Beach...etc. We could not tear ourselves away from the Paddock at Laguna Seca. The number of significant cars was overwhelming! Every Porsche that I had ever dreamed about was right there. I remember eating breakfast at First Watch in Monterey when a geniune 906 came driving down the street...unbelievable! I found out later it was Jeff Zwart and Peter Egan from R&T magazine doing a story on what it's like to drive from L.A. to Monterey in a vintage 906. Truly, one of the best vacations I have ever had.
I have to agree Dan, it was one of the best vacations I've had as well!

I did make it to Concours Italiano, it was overwhelming also.. the auctions were something to see as well, the recent run-up on Ferrari prices had just began to trail off and it was evidenced at the auctions..although there were still many beautiful cars of all makes to behold!

The 906 that you speak of.. was it the dark red or burgundy one?

I think the highlight for me was the Commemorative Poster which I had signed by most of the drivers present that drove for Porsche. It was also signed by Peter Schultz, Seinfeld, Jay Leno.. and Dr. Wolfgang Porsche!!

I've been to many events around the country, but that particular year, and the event week was tops!!

regards,

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

MagnaGrafik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
I have to agree Dan, it was one of the best vacations I've had as well!

I did make it to Concours Italiano, it was overwhelming also.. the auctions were something to see as well, the recent run-up on Ferrari prices had just began to trail off and it was evidenced at the auctions..although there were still many beautiful cars of all makes to behold!

The 906 that you speak of.. was it the dark red or burgundy one?

I think the highlight for me was the Commemorative Poster which I had signed by most of the drivers present that drove for Porsche. It was also signed by Peter Schultz, Seinfeld, Jay Leno.. and Dr. Wolfgang Porsche!!

I've been to many events around the country, but that particular year, and the event week was tops!!

regards,

Paul
Paul,

The 906 was white with a yellow hood with a Pepsi logo on the side. In fact, Jeff Zwart had the car parked in the paddock and on the hood was the Monogram plastic model with the same livery. I had built this actual model when I was a kid and it was a real treat to see in real life. See photo.

We stayed at the Double Tree in Monterey and I will never forget pulling into the parking lot and seeing the exotic cars getting prepped for the big auction. I walk into the lobby and there before my eyes is the white factory 906 LM from 1966. I just handed my credit card to the receptionist over my shoulder. We hadn't even made it to the track yet. What a feast for the automotive senses!

Coupled with the vineyards and a great drive down highway 1 it was truly a week
I won't soon forget.

All the best,
Dan
Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
great thread. Look forward to seeing the Martini stripes.
"it's a mystery, wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma" Winston Churchill.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilach View Post
great thread. Look forward to seeing the Martini stripes.
Here's a taste.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Turbofrog

Anything for black cars?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Martini "Black Widow" Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
Anything for black cars?
Yes. I am developing a new series of magnetic and vinyl hood stripes for black/dark color 911's. They are based on the Martini 936 "Black Widow" that raced at the Nurburgring in 1976. See attached.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Side stripes and door logos

If you can produce a set of side stripes (which wrap around the rear flares and maybe cross over the engine lid) to go with those hood/roof stripes i will order a complete set for my black 930 right away.

I am also very interested in Martini logos for the doors in order to immitate that sexy 936.

Christian
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

MagnaGrafik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cover View Post
If you can produce a set of side stripes (which wrap around the rear flares and maybe cross over the engine lid) to go with those hood/roof stripes i will order a complete set for my black 930 right away.

I am also very interested in Martini logos for the doors in order to immitate that sexy 936.

Christian
Hi Christian,

I agree with you...sexy.

I am working on a set of 930 Martini side stripes which start behind the front wheel well, wrap up and over the fenders and curve around the engine lid connecting with the other side. I finished a set a couple of weeks ago for a 07 GT3. See photo. Feel free to e-mail me at: info@magnagrafik.com and we can discuss.
Also, my website is: MagnaGrafik.com.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 08-20-2010, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Exactly what Im looking for.
Ive sent you an email.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Blue on Orange

Old 09-10-2010, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cover View Post

Christian

+1 This is something I gotta see!!

This on a black 930 would be schweeeeet.

Last edited by pdqcarrera; 09-10-2010 at 10:37 AM..
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqcarrera View Post
This is something I gotta see!!
Me too, if they look good on black i'll have a magnetic set, for when i make the trip to Le mans every year
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
https://www.magnagrafik.com/Order.aspx

I got side tracked from the 930 "black widow" stripes and did the same livery on a black Cayman S running in the Cayman Interseries. I am waiting to get some actual photos. If you are interested in these stripes for your 930's I would be happy to accomodate and make some for you in vinyl or magnetic. I would however stop the stripes at the trunklid due to heat issues with the magnetic. Something similar to the white car below except for black cars. email me at info@magnagrafik.com if you are interested. Thanks - Dan

Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
"O Gruppe 13"

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to IDGAF27
Hi Dan,

How about doing THE RIGHT thing ?

Is your reputation worth only $.... ?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
I got side tracked from the 930 "black widow" stripes and did the same livery on a black Cayman S running in the Cayman Interseries. I am waiting to get some actual photos. If you are interested in these stripes for your 930's I would be happy to accomodate and make some for you in vinyl or magnetic. I would however stop the stripes at the trunklid due to heat issues with the magnetic. Something similar to the white car below except for black cars. email me at info@magnagrafik.com if you are interested. Thanks - Dan
That Cayman looks great. Email on its way to you...

Old 09-20-2010, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: