Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Driver

Garage
What's This?

What's this empty relay socket for in the left (driver's side) sidewall of the engine bay? (center of the picture, by the #51)

And how about this plugged bung on the right side of the factory intercooler?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I believe it is a test port for the oxygen sensor system.
https://flic.kr/p/nVgoAC
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The thing that looks alot like a vertical round relay socket is for checking the lambda system pulse valve/frequency valve duty cycle.

Your ignition delay relay mounting screw is missing and it's leaning over.
Not a problem unless it's aluminum cover likes to be grounded or if the plug on the bottom comes off or one of the relays terminals on the bottom touches the edge of the rectangular hole cut in the aluminum relay panel shorting it out.

The plugged hose connection on the intercooler was for some of the early cars that had a second golden saucer valve similar to the deceleration valve mounted behind the warm up regulator, but with no small intake manifold vacuum line to operate it.
It was called an auxilliary air valve or something but had nothing to do with raising idle speed during cold starts... I've heard so many different names for the thing I don't care they're called anymore.
Later cars did not have one so the rubber cap was put on the intercooler hose connection.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Thanks for the education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Your ignition delay relay mounting screw is missing and it's leaning over.
Interestingly the missing screw was sitting on the little shelf just under the lambda testing socket. I had the stock black plastic cover over this whole area so I have no idea how long the relay's been listing over like that. But after a 150-mile canyon run on Saturday and an autoX on Sunday, I can't believe the screw was just sitting there, waiting for me to put it back in place.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Not enough Gs... May be you need to go a little faster... :-)
Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: