Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

hose not connected

I have discovered that this is not connected. . What happens to it. I have also discovered that there is much oil in the inter cooler. turbo is fresh so how come the oil come from??

sincerely john
Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

That is your decel valve.Alot of people eliminate this to cure idle problems.It keeps the throttle from slaming shut when you lift your foot off the pedel.You can just put a vacuum cap over it and be done.Make sure to locate the hose that used to go there so you can cap that also.It is not unusual to have a fine oil coating on the inside of the ic.If you have excessive smoking at start up or while accelerating there may be another problem but if not I wouldnt be concerned.I think the oil comes from the oil tank vent that is plummed into the air box.Under acceleration the crankcase becomes pressurized and in turn the system creates a little blow by wich gets vented into the air stream through the intake and so on.Im sure a few others will chime in with some info.I hope this helps....Ben
Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thats the deceleration vlave.
Technically it is a vacuum limiter that bypasses air around the throttle body butterfly when you lift your foot off the gas pedal while slowing down.
It is an emission control and also works in parallel with the slow acting large origonal recirculation type blow off valve or the newer smaller and faster acting C2type recirculating blow off valve letting out turbo overrun air pressure when lifting off the gas between shifts or slowing down after making turbo boost which also lessens turbo compressor surge and helps keep the turbo spooled up between upshifts.

With the intake manifold vacuum line disconnected like in your pic the motor decelerates faster between shifts (a good thing for rpm matching in the gearbox) and pops more from the exhaust with a stock CIS injection system.. which in my opinion is obnoxious while a little burbleing and soft popping is kinda nice and gives the 930 character.

The thin coating of oil in the intercooler is dirty brown and doesn't look like fresh clean oil.
There are many possible reasons for the oil there if it came from your "fresh" turbo
Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for a great help

Regards john
Old 08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: