Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Porsche Crest

Rich, thanks for sharing your project. Some good American craftsmanship going on there.

A little history... It is ZucZ Performance of Tempe, Arizona, started by Todd Zuccone. The business was reformed as Evolution Motorsports (EVOMS). Many early ZucZ performance parts originated from Bob at Motorsport Design.

Billy of B&B was also an employee for Motorsport Design.

Twin turbo = twin wastegates
Old 08-19-2010, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Infidel

Looks awesome!
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 08-19-2010, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Oh but you can log and tune a Motronic system. This has been known for quite some time. Check out this thread.

Wide Band O2 + data logger for 84-89 Carrera

There is a similar thread on the Rennlist 944 board that goes into more detail. I will try to find the link.

btw, Rich, I really like the build. I can't wait to see the continued progress. Can you share which turbo you are using?
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Wow!

I like what you are doing. I assume you are going with his pressure sensing / non-AFM Motronics system.

I love the split scroll system. While twin WG's is probably the best, a shared WG might be able to achieve most of the advantages if designed right.

Maybe think velocity on boost and if the system has clear path that links both sides. Might also for length from the collector to the shared WG path and the angle of the WG collector as possibly having an effect. But again, a split WG would probably be best.

A single WG insures equal boost pressure on each side of the motor and a smaller exhaust package.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

911st,

Yes, the system is pressure sensing. I have a modified Carrera throttle body that uses a throttle position sensor along with the pressure sensor that is mounted just below the butterfly. I will send additional photos once the intake manifold and intercooler are installed.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Rich, I would be interested to know the part numbers for the TPS on your Carrera TB. Did you have to make an adapter plate? Did you have to weld an extension to the throttle shaft?
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Jamie,

My turbo motor has a 3.2 intake with a flipped throttle, I can take some pics and get a number for you too.....

Cheers
Old 08-20-2010, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: