Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

I vant to have sexxy time with dat car..wow...moar pics please.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I hope I can answer all of your questions: the paint is what's called triple black, Unfortunately due to EPA regulations, no longer available in CA, I'll check the air temps next time I hook it up to my lap top. Our EFI management system is manufactured local, A well proven system that withstand the L A traffic, if the car is in stand still traffic and the manifold temp start to rise, the system will automatically retard itself or richen itself up to reduce temperature. It also have a dual map system, which allows you to switch between track and street, It is a stand along unit, programming is required.

Joseph Toliva, guy who signs my check
Old 08-26-2010, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, please share more about that car.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Infidel

Car does look good, but with all due respect you are clearly selling the ECU's, so you would say they were great.
I guess what we would need to see are some actual results, performance data with some logs showing afr's, boost, ignition, cht's, egt's etc etc... This is an advert after all, so give us some proper data
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Great looking machine!!!

And yes- info, info, info, would greatly benefit ALL pelicans.

Thnxs
Walt
Old 08-27-2010, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
I hope I can answer all of your questions: the paint is what's called triple black, Unfortunately due to EPA regulations, no longer available in CA, I'll check the air temps next time I hook it up to my lap top. Our EFI management system is manufactured local, A well proven system that withstand the L A traffic, if the car is in stand still traffic and the manifold temp start to rise, the system will automatically retard itself or richen itself up to reduce temperature.

Now there's a really obsolete technique, pre-emptively alleviating detonation without being certain of the need. Like switching into 4WD on a perfectly dry, highly tractive, roadbed because the forecast was for snow.

Most modern day engine control systems, ECUs, use currently available wideband (non-resonant) knock/ping sensors to know when to enrich the mixture and even on each cylinder individuallly.

You're well behind the times my friend, one might even say "below the power curve".

It also have a dual map system, which allows you to switch between track and street, It is a stand along unit, programming is required.

Last edited by wwest; 08-27-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Old 08-27-2010, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Apologize in advance if this is not the case but the A/C compressor still being installed and several other cues tend me make me believe these pictures are photoshopped rather than an actual installation.

Hi guys,

I don't usually post here, but a couple of members thought this might be a fun project to share.

Twin turbos custom made to specs of the engine.
3.1 lit
extremely large cams
460 horses at the wheels on 10 lbs of boost

Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
Car does look good, but with all due respect you are clearly selling the ECU's, so you would say they were great.
I guess what we would need to see are some actual results, performance data with some logs showing afr's, boost, ignition, cht's, egt's etc etc... This is an advert after all, so give us some proper data
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a salesman, just wanted to share all about this machine without writing a novel, but I will get you all specs about our ECU....and as for being below the power band, that can be a very long discussion. Because this car is pretty much personalized, most items were moved, lowered, or elevated at some point, the AC compressor doesn't look like it is in the right place, we milled the brackets to lowered it a little over an inch, and shortened the fuel rail for clearance, this was done to accommodate the motor of the retractable 996 wing that we grafted into an SC lid. There is no belt on the compressor yet, but the AC is charged, it is not really hot in the South bay, but the occupants of the 2 baby seats behind the roll bar need some comfort.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
R.I.P.

geez, we got some conspiracy theorists in the thread.

It looks great to me
Old 08-27-2010, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
geez, we got some conspiracy theorists in the thread.

It looks great to me

Where's the conspiracy? He's using the name Axoim, the ECU is a Axiom item, and his sig says the same... No problem there, but he's selling the ECU's and using this car as the tool. I'd like to see some proper data, wouldn't you?
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I was referring to the photoshop comments. I agree with you on the sales pitch
Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Our EFI management system is manufactured local, A well proven system that withstand the L A traffic, if the car is in stand still traffic and the manifold temp start to rise, the system will automatically retard itself or richen itself up to reduce temperature. It also have a dual map system, which allows you to switch between track and street, It is a stand along unit, programming is required.
Nearly every half decent ECU made in the last decade has those features....

"The first 50% of the project takes 90% of the time... The rest of the project takes the other 90% of the time."
Old 08-27-2010, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Rudy.. glad you finally got that thing over here.. toldya it would be appreciated!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I would like my butt to look like that someday!!!

Quote:
Hi guys,
I don't usually post here, but a couple of members thought this might be a fun project to share.

3.1 lit
extremely large cams

76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

well the photos are photoshop but only playing with the color and contrast to enhance the dark tones and the blue. (im not saying any part was added to the car, i think its real and looks great!) Axiom, i personally like the dump pipes when they didnt cross over (saw them on your website) kind of like the 935s have.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Very cool - love "sleeper" looking cars. Finally, something fairly original in a hot rod P car.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Registered

Interesting posts and comments..

You would be surprised at some of the work and craftsmanship up and down the coast through-out the Cali car culture. Just when you think you've seen it all or every rendition of the theme.. you stumble across something wilder.. just cause you ain't seen it on Pelican don't mean squat!

I've seen some of Axiom's work first hand.. and they've done a lot of work on many car seen here on Pelican.

Hey, I'm just say'n
RGruppe #180
Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Hi guys,

3.1 lit
extremely large cams
Rudy,

So is that one of T Miller's motors, Turbo Steve, or UFO ? Or am I shoot'n blanks?

Paul
RGruppe #180
Old 08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Interesting posts and comments..

You would be surprised at some of the work and craftsmanship up and down the coast through-out the Cali car culture. Just when you think you've seen it all or every rendition of the theme.. you stumble across something wilder.. just cause you ain't seen it on Pelican don't mean squat!

I've seen some of Axiom's work first hand.. and they've done a lot of work on many car seen here on Pelican.

Hey, I'm just say'n
EXACTLY ! For every cool car on the interweb there is a dozen that are not. Negative reactions and people calling bulls**t on them is what keeps them away.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Rudy,

So is that one of T Miller's motors, Turbo Steve, or UFO ? Or am I shoot'n blanks?

Paul
Ever heard of Joe Toliva ?? besides signing my check, he also wrenches a little.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: