Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
Petey does CT, ala Pauly-style

Somehow I con'd madman Petey to bomb up to CT Sat in his yellow '77 for my event here die Vorlage //SFest, our 9th annual.

Steve Fletcher lives a town over from me so we finally met too - he came in his stellar '87 Pimento Red (brainfarting if that's actually the name), my bud was there w/ the Martini of course, then a 996GT2, 996tt, a 951, and a CayenneTT to round things off on P's representing.

Words do not describe the red of Steve's car - it's so very unique! Can't be more than like what 8 of those out there or something ludicrous!? Pictures do not at ALL accurately capture the hue!!!! Heard it's a year-only color. Too cool.

my heap:

me looking @ friend's Martini:

We had around 100cars / 150nutz - picture perfect summer's day, amazing times. Think Woodstock but w/ cars, while an Audi gig we frame it off nicely with P's and F's, and anything/everything you can imagine cool.

Gratious host, I showed Petey way to the barrel, hidden hammock, and outdoor shower to make hisself @ home.

Funniest was watching Mr. Porsche Whisperer doing a field valve adjustment (literally in the field) on Sunday in the blazing sun. Learned alot there I did - tx Petey!

Amazing time - gotta say the crowd was smitten w/ his camtastic whistling whirring fire breathing Zork'er!

Pete - you sobeyondrule for coming up!

Steve - great to finally hang - keep in touch!

event pics starting to get uploaded at die Vorlage //SFest, in the gallery

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

wow!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Steve Fletcher lives a town over from me so we finally met too - he came in his stellar '87 Pimento Red (brainfarting if that's actually the name)

Words do not describe the red of Steve's car - it's so very unique! Can't be more than like what 8 of those out there or something ludicrous!? Pictures do not at ALL accurately capture the hue!!!! Heard it's a year-only color. Too cool.
Carmine red. Not sure how rare it is but, according to what I've read, it's a 1987 only color for the 911/930.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Funniest was watching Mr. Porsche Whisperer doing a field valve adjustment (literally in the field) on Sunday in the blazing sun. Learned alot there I did - tx Petey!
I snapped some evidence:

Good show Paul, it was nice meeting you and Pete. There were some truly awesome cars there that have spawned bank account draining inspiration
Old 08-31-2010, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Awesome pics Paulie! I had a blast! well, in between my beer and naps in the hammock, the trunk, and back in the Hammock. haha. Steve, it was great meeting you and I cannot thank you enough for the hospitality! If you ever make it to NC for one of our funfgruppen events you have a place. I do have a thing for field valve adjustments, I just can't stand to hear some loose valves in her.
She made it home with zero hiccups, and I had to make a pit stop in NYC to see a childhood friend of mine who is now a director on 30 rock. never heard of the show but i guess its pretty big.

on the way into the city

the view from his balcony on Park Ave.

again

taking in the NY skyline. amazing city.

last but not least, the 930 parked on Park.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 09-02-2010, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Dude.. if you're still up north and headed back thru DC.. Holla!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Sorry bro, Left Paulie, Steve, and CT on Sunday morning. then left NYC Monday morning at quarter to 6 in order to blast down all american blvd through times square running 70ish in 2nd gear wide open...ala the original gumball movie!

Paul, next time I come up for Sfest, it'll be in an audi. the 930's will get trailered. haha
I still feel your pain.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Pete, I may just take you up on that. When's your next event?

Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: