Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hmmm..."joyless drones" seems like a somewhat sweeping generalization to describe people who may have other things on their minds than looking for fellow Porschephiles to wave at. And it may just be that some of these folks prefer to not even wave goodbye to their own children, not necessarily because they're joyless drones, but because they would rather not express their affection to anyone quite so ostentatiously. And remember what Groucho Marx once said: "I refuse to become a member of any club that is willing to accept me."

Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

A very wise person once said, "For them that understand, no explination is necessary. For them that don't, none is sufficent".
Old 09-01-2010, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I got my first wave from a water pumper just last weekend. A guy in a White 997 Cab gave me the nod as I drove by. He was an older gentleman and I could see that air cooled glimmer in his eye as my turbo whistled by. Other than that I only get waves from other air cooled P cars. Oh and sunday this kid was crossing the street as I drove by with a new challenger on my tail and the kid gives me the thumbs up paying no attention to the new car behind me.

But I really couldn't give less of a s**t about what other people think of my car, I love it and thats that
Old 09-01-2010, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Haha... Some great comments on here, but I love this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayebaal View Post
A very wise person once said, "For them that understand, no explanation is necessary. For them that don't, none is sufficient".
In my own experience, those that get it are those who are old enough to remember the 930 turbo era; or those who are really young - don't know what the hell it is - but just think it looks cooooool!

"Hey, ma! What's that?!"
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

While we're on the topic of great philosophical statements from the likes of Graucho Marks, here's one of my favorites which has nothing to do with this thread:

As viewed written on the wall of a bar in a Mexican restaruant in Portland: "I feel more like I do now than when I first got here". Thought provoking, huh?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
And now for something completley different ...
Old 09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

R.I.P.

picture worth a thousand words
Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Got Boost?

Garage
Now I really like where this is headed..this could be a venting thread, or is there one already?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
I think the Targa-top looks good on this paint scheme, and it works well in Southern California along the PCH HWY 1. I always thought the coupe's sunroof as sadly lacking in design.

At 2450 Lbs(on the scales), it's also significantly lighter than most 930, regardless of how much HP is at the wheels, that's dead weight I'll never carry again.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
picture worth a thousand words
Haha.. Old Gary Larson's the FarSide - I often think of this very cartoon (usually when I've pushed a 'Pull' door).. Other favourite is the Friesian herd of Cows, all stood on their hind legs in a field beside a road - "CAR!!" shouts the look-out.

Last edited by tj930; 09-03-2010 at 02:29 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
R.I.P.

you mean this

Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Proof that man hasn't evolved all that much……

Old 09-03-2010, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Now THIS is the spirit we need talk about the Fünf Gruppen poster child

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
I don't give a **** anymore. I just drive it like its stolen and **** everyone else. I rev my straight pipe engine at the red lights and watch the old ladies cringe. **** 'em. When someone waves I wave back. if they don't, **** 'em, I don't care. I'm having fun and I don't need their waves to feel part of a community. I'm my own community. If they don't like my old, air cooled, oil leaking, impact bumper, loud exhaust turbo then they can kiss the back of my hand!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
R.I.P.

yeah, he can ride shotgun with you at the palooza hahahaha. looks like he has no problem picking talent
Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Haha.. I'm enjoying this thread.. Nearly as much as when I'm eating Boxsters for Breakfast

Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: