Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
930 Driveshaft Help Needed

I've started on quite a big 911 Turbo project and need a bit of help working out the best way to tackle the drive shaft assemblies.

My car is going to use a G50/20 6-Speed 993 gearbox flipped upside down to suit a mid-mounted engine installation.

So far I have measured up the gearbox output shafts and a 930 CV joint will bolt to this without any modifications. I need to run 930 CV joints so I can get enough driveshaft sweep for the engine to sit far enough rearward.

I'm ok with how to do the inboard end of the driveshaft assy, it's how to do the outboard end thats causing me a few headaches as I don't know what options there are for mixing and matching parts.

For the outboard end I am not confined to a 930 outboard driveshaft flange as I will be designing my own uprights so can fit pretty much what I like.

My questions are,

1 what is the length and weight of a stock 930 driveshaft (just the splined driveshaft bar not the assy) as used on the later 1989 model which uses the 5-speed G50 gearbox

2 I would like to use an outboard flange that has the cut teeth (eg 993) for the ABS sensor to read as I was going to use these teeth as an input for a traction control ECU. Can anyone suggest a suitable outboard flange that would bolt directly to the 930 CV joint and a rear hub with a matching the spline. I'm open to parts from any model from the Porsche range what ever fits and is the lightest.

If anyone has any parts they think would work I would appreciate if you could spend a couple of minutes measuring and doing a trial fit if possible.

Thanks and I look forward to some clever suggestions

Last edited by Captain Ahab Jr; 09-08-2010 at 03:14 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: