Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

first Mod: well you can't say I rushed into it

My 84 930 has been in my possession for 16 years and was purchase by my father nearly new in 84.

It has only covered 27k miles in that time and has remained completely stock. It isn't perfect because it set outside for a while and wasn't driven much for a few years. I have done some work maintaining and restoring some items but all with factory type parts.

so my first mod is.......drum roll please......rarelyl8 muffler just ordered from our host.

My goal is to address a couple small issues and turn the car into something I drive a few times a week. I also have on the way an innovate AFR meter, new brake pads, and some recently installed new tires. Poor girl hasn't been driven enough in her life and its time for that to change !

Old 09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I feel compelled to chastise you, but since you're on the right path toward salvation I'll give you some slack. Get her up and running first, sort out any issues that may have resulted from her lack of use, then start down the slippery slope.

If you're going to install one of Brian's muffs, then you'll have to also consider upgrading the turbo since the muff will result in less restriction vs. the stock unit. And if you do that, then you'll certainly want to make sure that your air charge is as cool as it can be, so a larger IC is in order as well. Then, since you'll be tempted to push the envelope, you'll certainly want to entertain an adjustable WUR to fine tune your fuel delivery for max. HP. And after that, how about going with 1.0 bar boost. And don't forget to improve the airflow via a more direct and less restrictive air cleaner/intake system. And of course, tweak your ignition timing to help the bottom end, and maybe even crack open the engine for some better cams. And, when tired of all that, go with EFI. And and and and.

On second thought, just get her dependably running and enjoy the ride as-is.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks I know that slippery slope.......

The car actually runs pretty well and I have been driving it lately. I just need to fix some minor stuff. I think one of the cv boots is torn, I need to figure out how to adjust the sunroof ect. Most importantly I want to make sure the car has proper fuel.......hence the muffler with bung and LM 1

Definatly plan on intercooler and turbo in the next several months though. Then I would like to respray and my final goal is very lofty: working AC! I am dreaming big I know .

Old 09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: