Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
78scslantnose

Garage
13lbs = 700+hp

Don't know if this was posted before. Bello's car on a 2wd dyno at 13lbs of boost. YouTube - Eddie Bello's Porsche on the Dyno

Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

i dont believe anything that comes out of a mustang dyno or any roller dyno for that matter. They are only good for before and after runs to see power gains and tunning. But i dont believe the hp figures in general are at all accurate of what the car has. Its been documented that the math to figure the hp was made up, ficticious, on these dynos.

Sweet car tho. . .no doubt its faassst!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esotoracing View Post
i dont believe anything that comes out of a mustang dyno or any roller dyno for that matter. They are only good for before and after runs to see power gains and tunning. But i dont believe the hp figures in general are at all accurate of what the car has. Its been documented that the math to figure the hp was made up, ficticious, on these dynos.
I cant comment on the validity of dyno numbers as I do not know much about the math behind them... But if one was to plug the numbers of Eddie's car into a physics equation, I would bet my bottom dollar that it has every last bit of power he and the dyno says it does. Anyway, the mustang is the most pessimistic dyno that can be used...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I can't speak for Mr. Bello's car, or him. Is 700 possible via a bar of boost. Yes.
Is there any question that Mr. Bello's car is not fast, not really. It's a very quick machine indeed. Mind you not the only one around!

But then it depends on the modifications and methods applied to get there, and I don't place much weight in everything a dyno read's out. Some dyno's are quite sophisticated in there own right, but having them calibrated is one factor often over-looked. Then you have many dynamic variables that a come into play on a vehicle that ( a lot of main stream ) dyno's are not calculating on.

Dyno's are helpful in many ways, however they should treated as a piece of lab equipment that is to work in conjunction with a verity of other dynamics.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
i agree with what you guys are saying about the mustang dyno. i had a dyno shop here in west palm back in the early 90s and it was for crap, however i have seen Eddies car in person a few times including the mile run in miami and i tell you when you see his car still busting the tires loose at over 130 mph on a feathering throttle (maybe half throttle) it sends chills down your neck!!! and yes i believe the numbers
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

It's all about the transfer of power.

How soon power is developed along with it's flexability.
A car that produces 700HP at let's say 8,000 vs. A vehicle that produces 700 as low as 4,800
but has to offer 480 by 2,800rpm's is a very different animal.

I when I tune things, I don't think about power, I think about response and if it's going to be capable of cosistancy in and under a verity of conditions. Also a bonified racer, drag car, and street car / hot rod are totally different. People start out with one in mind and always end up crossing over.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Oh im not doubting Bellos car. . . .im sure it has all of that 700 now and more. My doubts are on the mustang dyno or most roller dynos out there. My choice of dyno would be a hub dyno like dynapack and i cant wait to add one of those to my shop
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
If the car did 236.00 MPH on a 0 to 1 mile, the car weights 3300 how much power will that be equivalent too?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
78scslantnose

Garage
Juan,How's the weather?You guys heading down to the track today?yOn the dyno it was rolling on rears alone,Is he going to drag mode on rears alone?Can't wait to see the #'s
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
So far so good, we'll see later on today
Old 09-17-2010, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Wow his car weights 1,400 lbs more than mine? Damn
Old 09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Wow his car weights 1,400 lbs more than mine? Damn
1/4 miles numbers doesn't mean much to me, much-less doing it. But id sure like to see your 1/4 mile numbers from your Bat killer Reaper
Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Last night run, 9.80 @ 155mph early exit thanks to a cam seal oil leak

R/T .173
60' 1.75
330 4.464
1/8 6.58
MPH 120.16
1000 8.33
1/4 9.801
MPH 155.58

Video later on
Old 09-18-2010, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I suspect to make 700hp at less that 1 bar would imply a motor that could make around 350hp or so if built as a normaly asperated motor.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

One of the things I always elaborate on with people is a can you afford this particular setting.
Most people that have ( very exotic ) stuff are the owners of a engineering firm or speed shop to start with or have a private werks / facilite to work on there own racecars. This changes the dynamics of things.

In Mr. Bello's case he is interested in decimating records. I don't know the man personally but I suspect he owns some sort of establishment. So down time is expected and he can run elaborate settings vs the average joe.

Reaper to my knowledge from past posts, I think owns an establishment as well or works with in the greater automotive feild to say the very least. Anyways, to close up here since I got to get my keester back to work. >_< god some god damn greek tragedies on hand.

It's difficult to say, there are a multitude of approachs. But I can say it's possible, and not just on Porsche applications.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: