Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
suspension help

hey guys i need a little help wiyh the front a arm mounting bracket and the placement of the two shims. Does the larger diameter one go on first (top) or the smaller one ? should have made a mental note when removing but.......... thanks

Old 09-18-2010, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
shims on front and outside. no shim on inside... big shim goes on front [I believe]
Old 09-18-2010, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Frank, I looked at the PDF's of the factory workshop manuals you and I have and it shows the shim that goes between the suspension pan and the leading edge of the gaurd that goes over the front control arm bushing mount but the diagram doesn't include the front AC condensor gaurd bar that is also held on by that bolt so the second shim is not pictured in the PDF I have... not much of a help I guess.

Nice thing is all the bolt torque specs are in there and you need those.

None of those shims go between the pan and the frontmost control arm bushing mounts from the factory so you can go ahead and assemble it all.
Your RSR spherical bushings from Clint will go there if you use them.

The shim orientations on the bolt above and between the control arm bushing gaurd and the suspension pan and below and between the control arm bushing gaurd and the AC protection bar can be figured out later. It may not matter any way because the front bolt that goes through the gaurd doesn't go through the front control arm bushing mount so it has nothing to do with bolting it to the suspension pan.
It seems the placement of those shims that fit best when things are bolted up would work.
Hopefully you'll find someone that knows.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: