Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

anybody know anything about these wheels

they are make-up of the wheels is BW Motorsports / Kinesis. BW produced the centers & used Kinesis inner & outer hoops/hardware for quality & strength. Am familiar with Kenesis, but not with BW. Please provide info on these wheels for my 86 930. Thanks, Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Competizione
Steve,

I have this set available that came from a 1983 930. I purchased them years ago for a car that the deal fell through on & they're probably not going to be used by me now.

I believe the fronts are 8.5 & the rears are 10.75" - less than you were ultimately looking for, but that can be made up easily with spacers.

I'm always looking at the wheels for sale here & elsewhere and can tell you that what you are looking for is very rare!

Here are some pictures - let me know if you are interested:

Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
BWMotorsports is/was a company out of the St. Louis area, across the river in IL. They offered fiberglass body parts and the like. I purchased my body kit from them.
No idea if they are still in business. My last contact with them was in the late 90's; I was told Brad and Willie (BW) parted ways shortly after.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I think the centers were made in Japan.

That is not a problem at all and probably a good thing because most of the worlds best CNC horizontal milling machines are made in Japan nowadays.

Jim Dorociak would know about them. He posts here and posted a few days ago trying to sell some wheels.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
MagnaGrafik

Garage
'94 3.6 turbo knock-offs. The way you can tell is the face of the spokes are flat compared to the real factory O.Z. versions. These were produced to fit the pre ABS 930's. For the 930 owner who just had to have a 3.6 style wheel.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

No but I like if you pass on them please let me know.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: