Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
where is the DME on 84 911 turbo

pulled out the after market alarm and the fuel pumpsa are not turning on.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

The 930 ignition/fuel system does not use the DME . . .

I can't help with your alarm/fuel pump problem but I'm sure others on here can.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

DME means digital motor electronics used in Bosch motronic EFI and the 930 never had that.

There are usually some relay(s) and stuff under the drivers seat including the "speed relay" which is the combination factory rev limiter and overboost fuel pump cut off relay.

I havn't had the pleasure of looking at a euro car like yours up close so I don't know what all they put under there.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

When you pull or disconnect the alarm, you have to splice or connect a few wires up front at the alarm module or it will not run.

Did you do this?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
this car had more crappy wiring than you can ever imagine, It seems that when ever there was a problem the "stereo guy" would just add more wires and patch wires together,we ended pulling every wire that was not factory(easy to tell)and traced them back to whatever module they went to. what it seems has happened is they somehow had the fuel system tied into the alarm(no fuel pumps car wont run? ) is what we are guessing. I guess I need a wiring schematic. does any one have one as I have looked around here and on line and none seem to pertain to my car.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
and an answer to the alarm module, we traced everything to/from the module(aftermarket module). and removed what we thought was part of the alarm, but have not spliced anything back.

And no there is and never was anything under the drivers seat. there are metal posts there to screw things down to but there has never been anything screwed to them. So what exactly should I be looking for? I know you had mention the speed relay and a few other things
Old 09-27-2010, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
another thought. if emissions is not in the equation what about taking all of the stuff off of it that was put in to Americanize it? o2 sensor etc...
Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

If you want to get the fuel pumps to run temporarily, you can jump the fuel pump relays and see if it starts/runs. To bypass all the the Mars must alogn with jupter stuff in back, you can wire an inertia switch into the fuel pump relays (you splice into the ground wire IIRC). I did this years ago and never looked back.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: