Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 engine rebuild

im in the process of having my 1979 930 restored. what is the opinion of everyone as to what to do to a completely unmolested original car that is ALL numbers matching. keep it absolutely original or do period correct mods to it to for slight faster peerformance.

radio delete
a/c delete
rsr inner door panels
lightweight carpet
lightweight seats

engine:

Parts:
ARP Rod Bolts
LN Engineering 100mm P/C
SC Cams (used)
Supertec Head Studs
965 Intercooler/recirculation del.
turbo scavange bung for camshaft

should be around 2500lbs and around 400 hp.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS::::::::::

Old 10-02-2010, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It sounds like you've already given up on keeping it original. 930's with the original engine aren't that rare so that's not a big selling point.

If it's a really low mile, non-accident, always garaged car in a dry region then it may be worth keeping it stock. If you want to get back what you paid for it you may want to keep it stock since modified cars tend to sell for less unless it's heavily modified then it may sell for more than a stock car but no where near what it costs to make it heavily modified.

I'm not a fan of 100mm pistons because the 98mm ones seem pretty big already, but that's just an opinion.

As for weight, I think 2500 is a bit optimistic. My '79 weighs a bit over 2700 without A/C, with Recaro PP seats, FG bumpers, and a lighter engine package.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: