Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Architecture & Porsche's

Can anyone recommend an ECU rebuilder/diagnoser for my '91 965?

I've narrowed it down to the module under the seat (I'm fairly sure), as I've replaced/tried:
-new distributor
-new wires
-new cap, rotor
-swapped out crank triggers
-swapped out coils
-tried one Ez69 but it was not up to par...could still be this...

Mark

'74 911 RSR 3.6
Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You might look up a company in Stanton California called PYTHON...the rebuild a lot of various stuff, and their ECU dept was second to none.

Unlike a LOT of others that would just get an ECU running, these guys had all the latest Bosch upgrades to boot. No ECU repair will be cheap, but they are the shizzle.

Good luck!

PYTHON Injection, Inc.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
www.systemsc.com
Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
What's the problem? I didn't think 965's had ECU's.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hello Mark , Under the drivers seat you will find: Lambda sensor control unit, acceleration enrichment control, And the Turbo control unit, not to be confused with a ecu, This unit manages the operation of the fuel pumps by referencing engine speed and boost pressure, It also controls power to the EZ69 unit via the ignition delay relay ( Relay #1 in the electrical panel back left of car)

Before you consider sending the turbo control unit or the EZ69 out for repairs verify power out of the ignition delay relay,

Let me know what you find,

Lou / AERO DYNAMICS
Old 10-04-2010, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
You might look up a company in Stanton California called PYTHON...the rebuild a lot of various stuff, and their ECU dept was second to none.

Unlike a LOT of others that would just get an ECU running, these guys had all the latest Bosch upgrades to boot. No ECU repair will be cheap, but they are the shizzle.

Good luck!

PYTHON Injection, Inc.
Worst advice given on Pelican yet...

Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: