Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Went from wanna to have a 930

Ok I posted in wrong forum I hope I got it right this time??

Anyway I just bought my first 930 a 1977 Euro. I know you guys know every car out there so any info is welcomed but take it easy on me I don't want to hear about it's past life as a snow plow in Minnesota.

Anyway it is a real odd color combo which is what I wanted. Code decodes as Platinum and the interior is green. Yes, green but the gold actually has a green tint when the door is opened. Alright it is a bit off the wall but It isn't pink and it was well priced.

Runs great and probably needs valve work but is fine for now. Were 16" rims stock?? No side markers but no patch or impact apparent.

Any 1st to do or what to look for???

Thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The green interior is not too common. I have always liked it. Congrats on a good looking car.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the ownership realm. I picked up my first one about a month ago. I am inthe process of the build now.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Congrats in the new car. It's good to see a 939 in a color other than red, black or white.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I think I saw that car one winter, masquerading as a pink snowplow. Obviously be re-painted since.

Looks pristine...congrats! 1st to-do's: Change the oil, air up the tires, and take her for a nice long spin. Get a feel for it, see how she's responding, look and listen for anything funky, then report back with MORE PICTURES.

Have fun, you'll never look back.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Looks great!
Post some interior pics so we can see the shade of green and how it works with the platinum.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Nice find. I have a 77 also. 16" are stock. Best of luck with yours. Green interior sounds cool. I have bright blue leather.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Great car and color. The first 930 I saw in person was that color. I knew then I had to have one someday.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

That's definitely a cool color combo! Welcome to the family, and let the modding begin.
14 535i M Sport
Old 10-13-2010, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
surfpangea

Garage
Mom had a 76 912e champagne edition that exterior color it changes color hue's with lighting and viewing angles, it looks to be well taken care of, I also have a 77 turbo welcome
Old 10-14-2010, 12:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Wow...Maxx is alive!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Nice color!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Welcome, more pic`s please.....
Old 10-14-2010, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Thanks, it looks better in the pics than in real life. Clean car with low miles but needs a good clean up. Interior is dried up not worn which is a shame as if it was treated it would look like new. Even the dash is ok just dry. I have been doing some searches and the green interior is a bit of a problem. Seams it is going to be tough to match. It actually has a gold metallic tone to it that looks almost sprayed on. I think it was re dyed but it is that way under flaps so if it is they disassembled everything to do it.

I am going to order the "Turbo" lettering in black although I wanted in dark green to tie in the interior better.

I am going to order COA and see what it says.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Love the 3.0's!

Is is a sunroof delete?

More pics please.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I love the colors! The first 930 I drove was a 3.0 Euro car. Something to be said about them. It felt so light. Enjoy.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANNA930 View Post
Anyway I just bought my first 930 a 1977 Euro. I know you guys know every car out there so any info is welcomed but take it easy on me I don't want to hear about it's past life as a snow plow in Minnesota.
Nice car and congrats.. I remember you were looking for quite some time.

As for your interior, look up Leatherique and try some of their "rejuvenator oil." Put it on heavy, cover the area with something like plastic trash bags and let the car set in the sun a couple of hours.. you'll be amazed how it will soften the leather.

Also, look under the seats and find some excess leather wheree it was stretched and fastened. Cut a nice piece and send to them.. they will color match the dye for you.

Lastly.. be careful and get used to that car.. the early "Turbo Carreras" were real ass-biters with the boost coming on suddenly like a shot! In mid corner or exiting a corner is where most got into trouble back in the day!

IS it all stock or any mods beyond the requisite steering wheel change?

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I second the Leatherique treatment to dry leather. As for turbo lettering, why don't you just paint them to the color you wanted?

Nice car and the color combo works for that car.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I love the color combo, very period ; ) These 3.0's are my favorite 930's and its my dream to own one of these with some stealth mods to keep things interesting. Did the 77's still come with the turbo carrera lettering?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Congratulations...

I have only seen interior like that on another 930, it was Kiln red on the exterior.

Very nice car.

Jesper

Old 10-14-2010, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: