Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

New gasoline/ethanol blend

EPA says E15 is ready for prime time... and your new-ish car — Autoblog

Interested in hearing opinions related to the new E15 gasoline blend becoming available. Reading that it's approved only for 2007 and newer vehicles makes me wonder what the tuning implications will be for modified cars designed to run on current premium fuels.

This won't impact most of us - but for that guy who was just barely getting away with running his 930 lean on existing fuels (or a modified car tuned on the ragged
edge), I think it could be a problem.

I'm making a couple assumptions:
1. One of the reasons 2007 and newer cars are approved is due to more advanced knock control and, perhaps, compensation for the introduction of the 10% ethanol blend around that time.

2. Ethanol, having a lower per-volume energy content, requires more of it to keep the mixture stable.... so replacing 5% volume of 93 octane gasoline with ethanol is similar to reducing the amount of fuel delivered by a small amount (2%?)

Curious your thoughts!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

what im wondering is if its required on 07 and newer vehicles, then are there gonna be seperate pumps for 06 and older vehicles?? are we going to have a choice on either getting e15 or e10 or even regular real fuel??? i dont think they are going to have seperate pumps for different ethanol blends. we are going to be forced to buy e15 after long... i cant find any regular fuel anymore.. just e10... it sucks.... i wonder how the 930's are gonna fare using it...

Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: