Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Price Check - 0hr rebuilt 930 trans w/ 8:41 LSD

Hello Everybody:

I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by doing this (and obviously apologize in advance if I inadvertently am), but I've got an '86 930 transmission that has just been rebuilt by CS Motorsports w/ new synchros and gears; it's a limited-slip with 8:41 gearset. Everything inside is brand-new, and the outside/case looks new.

Yeah I know we'll be needing pics (of which I've got tons, inside and out, before and after rebuild) and part numbers, but before I get to the selling side of things, I need some help as I've no idea what this thing's worth...so, any pricing suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
1 billlllllion dollars, actually, 20$, and ill take it, where do i send money,...

for real though, i have had my eye on a new 930 trans, i know mine needs a total rebuild, i have been told by two local shops around $1600 to rebuild the trans with new syncros etc,...if i bring them the trans already out of the car

i have seen these trans priced anywhere from 3600$ to $8900$ on ebay

how acurate ebay is, is another story
Old 10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I've had a couple of trans rebuilt by C S motorsports and they did very good work on mine.I think around $3500 is a good price to buy a rebuilt 4 speed. 5 speeds can get quite a bit more but for a quality rebuilt 4 speed ( a short bellhousing pre 1978 is another story ) should not be much more than $4k or so ( however LSD and 8:41 is more desireable so mabe a few more$$$) unless rebuilt with race parts to race spec. My 2 cents.

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-15-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Big thing will be convincingly documenting the work and parts renewed during the rebuild, and the 0 miles claim. Someone who needs to renew their box is probably looking at 2.5k and down time so your competing against that somewhat unless you get a guy building a kit car and doesn't have a core. 3.5 to 4k would be my bet

Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: